1. #1 Memorial today for the miners who lost their lives in the WV accident. 
    A beautiful event, highlighting the true spirit of America. It shouldn't only be in times of tragedy, we should always remember the hard work, the dedication, and the sacrifice of the people who undertake dangerous jobs for their families, communities, and their country.

These miners, common workers with an uncommonly dangerous job, show what America is really about. It's not about strife, it's not about politics, it's not about liberals or conservatives. It's about the people who put themselves on the line day after day to do the jobs that we all rely on.

I can only hope that everything in our power is done to ensure that in the future, that the miners, as well as the millions of other workers who embody the American Spirit and give us the infrastructure needed to be greatest nation on Earth are given as much support, aid, and protection possible to ensure that something like this will not happen again.

No one is to blame for this tragedy and I hope that the families of the lost miners can find peace in their faith and in their communities.

God bless them.

The President and Vice President attended and spoke eloquently, and it's beautiful to see that when it really comes down to what matters, partisainship can be put aside for the love and support that the American Family, and not just families in America, but America AS a family can show.

While it's touching to see that underneath all of the problems in our society, when tragedies happen and the precious lives of hard working Americans are lost, we can once again see that we are one people, with one dream, and I hope and pray that this sense of community will not only be reserved for tragedies, but that we can remember this bond as we move forward.

In an age of doubt, and in an age of anxiety, one of the good things to come out of this tragedy, is the renewed spirit and reminder that the Faith of Americans is strong, and regardless of differences in belief, we should never lose that Faith that in the times of deepest darkenss, it's the inner light of divinity given by the grace and presence of God that moves us forward.

When we we doubt the purpose and meaning of the world around us, when something like this shakes us to the core, and nothing makes sense and it seems that we are stuck on a rocky boat in a stormy sea, that it is Faith and Faith alone that allows us to step off the boat, and walk on water, towards our salvation.

We are the greatest nation that the world has ever seen, and we should never forget that our enormous pillars of success, power, and opportunitiy are supported by the self-less actions of every day hard working Americans who put themselves on the line, taking on risky jobs and provide the strength and structure that keeps America strong. Through times of war, through times of fear, through times of terorrism, and through times of economic hardships, it isn't the decisions of a politician or the actions of a CEO or the lectures of a professor that keep America alive, but the dedication, ethics, and faith of every day workers giving everything they have to do their duty, that has made us the and kept us as the Greatest Nation on Earth.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    These miners, common workers with an uncommonly dangerous job, show what America is really about. It's not about strife, it's not about politics, it's not about liberals or conservatives. It's about the people who put themselves on the line day after day to do the jobs that we all rely on.
    Now I do feel for those lost, but as you said, its not about "politics".

So why post this in the "Politics" section?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Now I do feel for those lost, but as you said, its not about "politics".

So why post this in the "Politics" section?
    Yeah you're right maybe it's better in "breaking news", I was watching it on the news so posted it in a subforum about news.

Sonnabend
    A beautiful event, highlighting the true spirit of America. It shouldn't only be in times of tragedy, we should always remember the hard work, the dedication, and the sacrifice of the people who undertake dangerous jobs for their families, communities, and their country.
    So I take it you will be at a service on Memorial Day? You do know what yesterday was, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    So I take it you will be at a service on Memorial Day? You do know what yesterday was, dont you?
    I didn't make it but my thoughts and prayers go out to the families who have lost their loved ones, the other miners who lost their work-families, and to all of the other workers in America who put it all on the line and are generally unappreciated. They are what make America great.

Sonnabend
    I didn't make it but my thoughts and prayers go out to the families who have lost their loved ones, the other miners who lost their work-families, and to all of the other workers in America who put it all on the line and are generally unappreciated. They are what make America great.