1. #1 National Security Adviser Jones: Jews Are Greedy Merchants 
    As the National Security Adviser, General James Jones is not known as a friend of the Jewish State. It was Jones who put together the team of Brent Scowcroft and Zbigniew Brzezinski to meet with the President and advise him to impose a solution on Israel.

Earlier this week we may have gotten some insight into why Jones is not a fan of the Jewish Homeland. He was giving the key note speech at a Washington Institute For Near East Policy and started it out with a “Joke” that borders on anti-Semitic, teaching the crowd that Jews are just greedy merchants in the same vein as Shakespeare’s Shylock:

A Taliban militant gets lost and is wandering around the desert looking for water. He finally arrives at a store run by a Jew and asks for water. The Jewish vendor tells him he doesn’t have any water but can gladly sell him a tie. The Taliban, the jokes goes on, begins to curse and yell at the Jewish storeowner. The Jew, unmoved, offers the rude militant an idea: Beyond the hill, there is a restaurant; they can sell you water. The Taliban keeps cursing and finally leaves toward the hill. An hour later he’s back at the tie store. He walks in and tells the merchant: “Your brother tells me I need a tie to get into the restaurant.“

According to the Jewish Forward

After the speech, two participants suggested, in private conversations with the Forward, that Jones’ joke might have been inappropriate. After all, making jokes about greedy Jewish merchants can be seen at times as insensitive.

A prominent think-tank source who attended the event said the joke was “wrong in so many levels” and that it “demonstrated a lack of sensitivity.” The source also asked: “Can you imagine him telling a black joke at an event of African Americans?”

Was the Joke Anti-Semitic? Well, the White House must have thought so.

The White House transcript sent to reporters after the event conveniently began a couple of minutes into the speech. The video of the event posted on the Washington Institute Web site started right after the joke, you can even hear the end of the laughter.

Its interesting that the same President that sees racism in the legitimate actions of the Cambridge Police and the State of Arizona, hides the anti-Semitic prose of its National Security Adviser.

I found the uncut video but couldn’t download it. So I contacted my friends at Breitbart and thanks to the folks at Breitbart TV, I was able to get my hands on the video of Jones’ comic delivery (if you cant see video below click here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUb_...layer_embedded

FROM - http://www.redstate.com/jeffdunetz/2...edy-merchants/
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I don't doubt that the current administration is loaded with anti-Semites but this just a joke. I don't really see how sharp business practices against a well known enemy equates with some kind of existential "greed".

This joke would have exactly the same humor if the tie-seller had been Asian and the "customer" non-Asian or if the tie-seller had been a Yankee and the customer had been a summer-person.

I know some jewish people who would think that was a funny joke.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I am married to a Jewish person and I agree. As Ginger said, you could plug any group into that joke and it would change nothing except which thin-skinned dorks got offended. The only thing he could have done to avoid all this flak would have been to not tell the joke at all. Is that what we are coming to in this country?
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

The real story is in the way that they've tried to hide this.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    If it is so harmless then nothing should be said about Black Jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    If it is so harmless then nothing should be said about Black Jokes.
    I reckon that depends on the joke, Speedy.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I reckon that depends on the joke, Speedy.
    You are a classy monkey.
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    And a lot of us wouldn't. It depends on the source and the context. If I had no doubts that this wasn't animated by animus toward Jews, I'd be okay with it. But when you consider that this administration was in the process of refusing to prosecute hate crimes against Jews on college campuses and allying itself with anti-Semites throughout the world, and that this wast the same National Security Advisor who is driving Obama's policy of browbeating Israel and emboldening Fatah and Hamas, it becomes a lot less amusing. As it is, I'm not thrilled that the NSA thinks that he can get away with it in a public venue. He wouldn't have dared tell that joke about an Asian and a Latino at the same place.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    how ironic is it that a WH full of anti-semits is run by a Jew