Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah Al Gore says you're adding to our carbon credits,migos.

Says he want you out,you should probably go beat him up then the ICE cream man will take you home afterwards.

I'd like to see a convoy of buses and INS agents at the next event. Call it an ICE tea party.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Did they pick them up and recycle them afterwards? Cause hey, even in moments of rage, a good lib should always think of the planet.
    I don't even think these were "good liberals". From what I heard on the news as it was going on, these were high school students, who don't yet know a liberal from a libertarian. It looks to me, on the surface, that these students were likely riled up by their ulta-liberal teachers. Some were giving statements on the news tht this law would deport their parents, etc.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Hmmm.... when I was in High School and there was a law that might deport my parents I'm not sure I'd have seen that as a bad thing. :)
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Hmmm.... when I was in High School and there was a law that might deport my parents I'm not sure I'd have seen that as a bad thing. :)
    Yeah, me too but the point is that these students were worked into a frenzy over the possibility of having their family broken up, when in reality their parents won't be deported. If the child was born on U.S. soil, and thus a U.S. citizen, then the family reunification provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 ensure that the parents won't be deported, and also gives the parents an easy, almost guaranteed path to citizenship. If the parents of these kids are illegals, and they've been in the country long enough to have an American child who is now in high school, then the parents of these children could have been naturalized citizens a decade or more ago! Now that it is becoming an issue, these parents can take their childrens' birth certificates down to INS, and get a work visa or whatever they need to not get deported. Then they start on the path to citizenship, and it's all legal.

Something the liberal academics 'forgot' to tell these students.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Something the liberal academics 'forgot' to tell these students.
    Hopefully this will take hold in New Mexico and Texas as well. Nice to see somebody finally call the Feds on their malfeasance on our borders.

Hopefully this will take hold in New Mexico and Texas as well. Nice to see somebody finally call the Feds on their malfeasance on our borders.
    Texas maybe, actually probably likely. I'm not sure about New Mexico though. They are somewhat left leaning over there, but I don't really follow New Mexican politics much.

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Texas maybe, actually probably likely. I'm not sure about New Mexico though. They are somewhat left leaning over there, but I don't really follow New Mexican politics much.
    Perhaps when they become the receiving end of the exodus from Arizona they'll start thinking about it. We can only "hope" for "change".

Perhaps when they become the receiving end of the exodus from Arizona they'll start thinking about it. We can only "hope" for "change".
    Actually, that just might work for New Mexicans. Arizona, especially around the Phoenix Metro area has had historically very, very bad traffic. With the long distances people have to travel because of how spread out the 'burbs are here, it made for a rush hour nightmare that lasted typically 4 hours. Despite expanding freeways and spending billions on traffic control infrastructure, we still had traffic problems. After Napalitano signed a law requiring employers to verify the citizenship status of every employee, there was an outflux of illegal immigrants and the freeways moved noticeably faster, and our rush hour, which was 4 hours became 2. Then came the housing bust and with it the end of a boom in construction, and the freeways moved even faster. At this rate, I'll probably be able to drive the 40 miles to work in about a half an hour after this law goes into effect.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if illegals migrate from Arizona to New Mexico because of this law, then New Mexico will have to make the hard choice of fighting the immigration or spending billions on infrastructure, including roads, hospitals, schools, etc. That may make them choose to fight.

Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965
    Talk about something that needs to be repealed or at least revisited. Whoever came up with this is an asshole. This is what these people are doing. They are coming here and downloading future welfare recipients. I have a ton of illegal Mexicans in my town and I rarely, if ever, see a female who isn't tagging along small children and pregnant with another. IMO, at least 1 parent needs to be either a nationalized citizen or a natural born citizen.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.