1. #1 I helped an illegal alien when I lived in Sierra Vista, Arizona 
    Call the cops....

LINKO

LiberalLoner (576 posts) Mon Apr-26-10 06:09 PM
    Original message
    I helped an illegal alien when I lived in Sierra Vista, Arizona
    Advertisements [?]
    I was doing volunteer work for a battered women's shelter. One of the clients I was helping to drive to appointments happened to be an illegal alien - a battered woman who escaped from Mexico with her child. And, yes, I drove her to her medical appointments and job appointments and didn't turn her in.

I can understand being against illegal immigration in theory, but when you see the individual faces, it's a lot harder. I am still glad to this day that I helped her and didn't turn her in to authorities.
    BOWZER LIVES!!!

You know, I see a lot of fragile old men in prison. I see the worn, weak looks on their faces. I see the fear. Then I come to find out that they are in for molesting their grandchild or niece or nephew or some other child. A criminal is a criminal.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I don't have a problem with LL helping the woman in question. She just should have also encouraged the woman to apply for citizenship, and I would guess that women's shelters in border states have lawyers either on staff or who work with them to handle these kinds of situations. I'm just thinking that this is not a new or rare issue for battered women's shelters in cities near the border.

The shelter may have been following up on citizenship, and LL's volunteer work was limited to driving the woman to appointments and such.

Sonnabend
    I can understand being against illegal immigration in theory, but when you see the individual faces, it's a lot harder. I am still glad to this day that I helped her and didn't turn her in to authorities.
    That's called aiding and abetting, and being an accessory before, during and after the fact,

You helped a criminal.