Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Dont get me wrong, Im no Apple Fanboy. But that was stupid of Gizmodo to do then give a step by step account of how they aquired the thing for money..
    Now its going to be a ruling as to if Gizmodo and Chen can get under the laws protecting journalists.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Now its going to be a ruling as to if Gizmodo and Chen can get under the laws protecting journalists.
    But the DA is investigating a Felony. There is no protect of journalists or their notes when they are being charged with a feony.

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    But the DA is investigating a Felony. There is no protect of journalists or their notes when they are being charged with a feony.
    From what I read, if he is determined to be acting as a journalist then the DA would have been required to use a subpoena instead of a search warrant. The search warrant would then be invalid and all evidence would be fruit of the poison tree and would not be admissible.

I'll see if I can find the link that I gleaned this from.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 04-27-2010 at 01:40 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Here is the quote about the issuing of a search warrant..

“Under both state and federal law, a search warrant may not be validly issued to confiscate the property of a journalist,” she wrote in a letter to San Mateo County, Calif., authorities on Saturday. “Jason is a journalist who works full time for our company,” she continued, adding that he works from home, his “de facto newsroom.”
    The article is here

C. S. Lewis