1. #1 Paul, Mitchell Again Block Congressional Pay Raise 
    Washington, D.C. - Congressman Ron Paul and Congressman Harry Mitchell have again stopped the increase in pay that Members of Congress automatically get every year unless it is voted down.

Their efforts to block the pay raise for 2010 was successful last year, and today their bill to block the pay raise for 2011 passed overwhelmingly in the House after passing the Senate last week.

“We should not be padding our pocketbooks when our constituents are still tightening their belts and losing their jobs,” stated Congressman Paul. “As well, we could continue with this symbolic first step and stop increasing taxes, expanding the federal budget, and spreading our military so thin. These additional measures would do much to begin our economic recovery.”

Link

And the roll call:

Nays: 15(D) 0(R)
    Yeas: 232(D) 170(R)
    NV: 6(D) 7(R)

The Roll Call

It's a symbolic drop in the bucket to be sure, but the fact that the measure was even introduced goes to show that there are still a very, very few good men on the hill.
    Last edited by bijou; 04-28-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: to comply with B/N format
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Link

And the roll call:

Nays: 15(D) 0(R)
    Yeas: 232(D) 170(R)
    NV: 6(D) 7(R)

The Roll Call

It's a symbolic drop in the bucket to be sure, but the fact that the measure was even introduced goes to show that there are still a very, very few good men on the hill.
    Wow! 15 Dem nay says! I hope that gets them on election day! Whats the No vote mean? They weren't there or were confused!?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Wow! 15 Dem nay says! I hope that gets them on election day! Whats the No vote mean? They weren't there or were confused!?
    I'm not sure. Probably something along the lines of, "I want my pay raise, but I don't want to look like I want my pay raise.", or something like that. If asked they'll probably mumble something about urgent business elsewhere.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

At least one of the Democrats is principled...that being Harry Mitchell.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

“We should not be padding our pocketbooks when our constituents are still tightening their belts and losing their jobs,” stated Congressman Paul.
    That, and as a group, there is no other place they could hold a job.