Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Censoring the Bible? It Could Happen in COLORADO 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s

Christian leaders gathered in Denver Tuesday in opposition to an anti-Christian censorship law that could open the door to censoring the Bible.

Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter signed the state bill, SB 200, which aims at silencing all publications that discriminate against homosexuality.

"Section 8 of Senate Bill 200 is a wide open door for any judge to censor anything that condemns homosexuality, including Scripture," Colorado State Rep.

Kevin Lundberg said. Many Christians fear that one day the Bible will be considered illegal in America.

"I do believe that the Bible is banned, under the plain language of this new statute," Steve Crampton, general counsel of the pro-family Liberty Counsel, said, indicating he believes that day is already here.

Section 8 reads, "No person, being the owner. agent, or employee of any place of public accommodation. shall publish. distribute, give away.

except as provided in this section, any communication. book, pamphlet, writing. or advertisement of any kind. intended or calculated to discriminate. against. sexual orientation, marital status (which) is unwelcome."

It is titled, "Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden."

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/402050.aspx

Consider the source.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Sonnabend
    Consider the source.
    Coming from you, always.

SECTION 8. 24-34-701, Colorado Revised Statutes, is amended to
    read:
    24-34-701. Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. No
    person, being the owner, lessee, proprietor, manager, superintendent, agent,
    or employee of any place of public accommodation, resort, or amusement,
    directly or indirectly, by himself or herself or through another person shall
    publish
    , issue, circulate, send, distribute, give away, or display in any way,
    manner, or shape or by any means or method, except as provided in this
    section, any communication, paper, poster, folder, manuscript, book,
    pamphlet, writing, print, letter, notice, or advertisement of any kind, nature,
    or description
    which THAT is intended or calculated to discriminate or
    actually discriminates against any disability, race, creed, color, sex, SEXUAL
    ORIENTATION, marital status, national origin, or ancestry or against any of
    the members thereof in the matter of furnishing or neglecting or refusing to
    furnish to them or any one of them any lodging, housing, schooling, or
    tuition or any accommodation, right, privilege, advantage, or convenience
    offered to or enjoyed by the general public
    or which states that any of the
    accommodations, rights, privileges, advantages, or conveniences of any such place of public accommodation, resort, or amusement shall or will be refused, withheld from, or denied to any person or class of persons on account of disability, race, creed, color, sex, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital
    status, national origin, or ancestry or that the patronage, custom, presence,
    frequenting
    , dwelling, staying, or lodging at such place by any person or
    class of persons belonging to or purporting to be of any particular disability,
    race, creed, color, sex, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status, national origin,
    or ancestry is unwelcome or objectionable or not acceptable, desired, or
    solicited.
    http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...le=200_enr.pdf

It makes it illegal to publish anything that mentions sexual orientation in an objectionable manner.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Consider the source.
    Your prejudice blinds you to the truth.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Your prejudice blinds you to the truth.
    You can't take a blind man to a museum and then get upset with them because they can't appreciate the art.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

It is going to get interesting when they apply this to the Quaran.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...le=200_enr.pdf

It makes it illegal to publish anything that mentions sexual orientation in an objectionable manner.
    Actually, if you look at the intent of the bill.. its not precisely aimed at sexual orientation as this alarmist article claims, nor is it strictly for publishing. It seems this bill was mostly aimed at public displays, such as hotel signs and the like. Not that I agree with the bill mind you...

Either way, I wouldnt support this bill, it does look like its rife with all kinds of unintended consequences, and just poorly put together. Not to mention it seems unconstitutional on its face..

I know you guys love to be martyrs but this doesnt look like your chance... Should be a good opportunity to drum up some more fear that the govco is gonna take your bible away, and it looks like its well underway.
    Last edited by wilbur; 08-07-2008 at 12:10 AM.

Banned - Not really Theo
    Bad law. I can't believe they would attempt to suppress speech like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Consider the source.
    Yeah, that's what they said in Canada not too long ago. Now look what's happened up there. They've got a human rights tribunal/inquisition/whatever to silence anyone that does not fall lock-step in with the leftists.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana