Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    Bad law. I can't believe they would attempt to suppress speech like this.
    If it happened in Canada, it will eventually happen here. Maybe not now, but someday.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Actually, if you look at the intent of the bill.. its not precisely aimed at sexual orientation as this alarmist article claims, nor is it strictly for publishing. It seems this bill was mostly aimed at public displays, such as hotel signs and the like. Not that I agree with the bill mind you...

Either way, I wouldnt support this bill, it does look like its rife with all kinds of unintended consequences, and just poorly put together. Not to mention it seems unconstitutional on its face..

I know you guys love to be martyrs but this doesnt look like your chance... Should be a good opportunity to drum up some more fear that the govco is gonna take your bible away, and it looks like its well underway.
    But it does seem to be a law restricting free speech and would probably not pass a review by the Supreme Court. On another note, you seem to have a real dislike of Christianity that tends to cloud your judgement sometimes. Your sarcasm (at least I hope that it is sarcasm) to Mrs Smith tends to reveal a deep seated dislike of something you don't understand. Similar to the dislike of homosexuals that you like to paint all Christians with. Is there a difference between your view of Christians and the Christian view of homosexuality?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith
    Your prejudice blinds you to the truth.
    Hey, if you want to get your information from a website which is owned by a religious crackpot and charlatan who once declared that "the Antichrist is probably a Jew alive in Israel today" and that the 9/11 attacks were the result of God lifting a veil of protection on the US, then be my guest, but don't expect me to take you seriously.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 08-07-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    But it does seem to be a law restricting free speech and would probably not pass a review by the Supreme Court. On another note, you seem to have a real dislike of Christianity that tends to cloud your judgement sometimes. Your sarcasm (at least I hope that it is sarcasm) to Mrs Smith tends to reveal a deep seated dislike of something you don't understand. Similar to the dislike of homosexuals that you like to paint all Christians with. Is there a difference between your view of Christians and the Christian view of homosexuality?
    Just because someone dislikes something doesn't mean that person can't be objective about it.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Just because someone dislikes something doesn't mean that person can't be objective about it.
    It doesn't meant that they are free of bias either.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It doesn't meant that they are free of bias either.
    Someone being biased in favor of something or against something doesn't necessarily make that person wrong.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Someone being biased in favor of something or against something doesn't necessarily make that person wrong.
    Doesn't make them right either.

C. S. Lewis

Consider the source.
    Why not cross reference it. That way you can avoid the MSM and the CBN

The language looks pretty clear and pretty alarming
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned - Not really Theo
    I love the Colorado legislature. They attempted to pass a bill into law that solves a problem that they havenít seen evidence of. The entire effort was being driven by the GLBT lobby and thankfully they failed again.

Its already been censored by the Catholic church, there are so many missing pieces they must have took out IMO
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt