Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 A Teabagger just tried to kill my family 
    link

Some accept it...hook line and sinker. Others don't.
    Zephie (14 posts) Thu Apr-29-10 03:03 PM
    Original message
    A Teabagger just tried to kill my family

My husband and I were just driving home from running some errands, when a man on a trike with a HUGE American flag came up behind us and tailed us extremely closely. This is not uncommon as we have some bumper stickers which people come close to read (Obama 2012 and an anti-fox news sticker - neither with any type of obscenity). I laughed and pointed out that we "had another one". Moments later he falls back and lets some space come between us and then speeds up to what must have been close to 100 mph and suddenly jerks into the next lane, up beside us and then pulls in front of us with less than a foot of space. My husband jerks to avoid hitting him and we ended up spinning out into the opposing lane. Being a good driver he managed to recover before we got hit, but we ended up behind the same trike rider at the next light. He proceeded to get OFF his trike, start flipping us off and screaming how we were the "scum of the earth and deserved to burn in hell, baby killers, and nazis" and a few other choice words that I won't repeat as quite frankly I don't remember everything he said since by that point I was literally shaking in terror of both nearly being hit and then having a big burly biker coming at us. We pulled away as fast as we could and turned off onto a side street. I'm still terrified. I have no idea what would have happened if we hadn't fled. I should also note that in addition to our liberal stickers, there are also military stickers from my husbands time in the service... Even though he fought for his country, the Teabaggers are still willing to see him, his wife, and children dead and are willing to try to do it themselves without blinking an eye. That is a scary state of affairs.

Edit: No, no plate info... I was a little more concerned with preparing to defend my family if he actually made it to the car =(
    I'm invisioning a guy on a motorcyle (ie out in the open), scaring some woman who is in the car with her husband (a car that can be locked). Melodramatic much?

It's a pretty funny title though. "A teabagger almost killed my family". No proof it's someone who goes to tea parties. And they weren't even hit so how can she say that they were "almost killed"?
    BanTheGOP Donating Member (342 posts) Thu Apr-29-10 03:12 PM
    Response to Reply #7
    16. I have two switches on my dashboard... Updated at 3:04 PM

The first switch flashes the brake lights, even if I'm not braking.

This deters all but the most repulsive nazi road-raging types.

The second switch flashes the WHITE REVERSE lights.

Even the most die-hard bush-nazi type would spin out off the freeway.
    cherokeeprogressive Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-29-10 03:32 PM
    Response to Reply #16
    38. That's almost as funny as the OP.

Tell you what: if your reverse lights went on while you were going down the freeway at freeway speeds I wouldn't be spinning off of the freeway, I'd be wondering what was wrong with your electrical system.

Did you put those switches there yourself? Is every tailgater a "repulsive nazi road-raging type"?

Yup. Allllmost as funny as the OP.
    AnArmyVeteran Donating Member (911 posts) Thu Apr-29-10 03:11 PM
    Response to Original message
    13. I was a victim of road rage a long time ago. Right wing rage is something else entirely. Updated at 3:11 PM

After being pounded and fed with fear, hatred, anger, racism and rage it's not surprising you encountered a probably tea bagger who wanted to kill you. Since Obama won the election gun sales are at an all time high with right wing tea baggers arming to the hilt to prepare for conflict. They WANT violence. If they didn't they wouldn't be buying every gun and bullet on store shelves. I'm glad you made it through the ordeal safe. I just hope your state doesn't allow individuals to get your address from your license plate. And if your state does allow this I suggest calling and having your information blocked somehow.

Good luck.
    And that describes the liberals to a T.
    SpiralHawk Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    17. Republicon teabagger chickenhawks disdain America's honorable veterans

as they prove once again...and by consistently electing chickenhawk so-called 'leaders' and by listening to chickenhawk republicon propaganda pimps on corporate media.

Sheesh.
    Remind me again just when Obama and Clinton served in the military?
    davsand Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Apr-29-10 04:00 PM
    62. He was on a bike? He should have been afraid of YOU since you were in a car.

I'll guarantee your car or van would pose a much bigger threat his safety than his bike would pose to yours. You outweigh him by quite a bit and he doesn't have a metal auto-body to protect him. You hit him with a fender he's probably gonna go flying.

I have always kind of been mildly bemused at the stories of people being forced off the road by bikers. If you stop to think about it, a few well timed swerves and they are gonna think twice about getting in too close to you. Got somebody on a bike tailing you too close? What do you think would happen to them if you slammed on YOUR brakes? It won't be pretty, and the ticket would probably not be yours.

Just sayin...

Laura
    negativenihil (557 posts) Thu Apr-29-10 04:02 PM
    66. uh what?

So you managed to get behind the bike again and failed to get the plate number with 2 adults in the front seats?

Look, i've been plenty scared before, and as the result of auto accidents, but at some point adrenaline kicks in... and your mind tends to get pretty sharp...

Sorry, but this smells fishy.
    Codeine Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-29-10 04:05 PM
    74. I guess this is a nice change from the usual

"I confronted a Teabagger today at the mall and totally shut him down!" bullshit that usually passes for Daily Story Hour at DU.
    ScreamingMeemie Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-29-10 04:19 PM
    Response to Reply #81
    86. +1...

Edited on Thu Apr-29-10 04:21 PM by ScreamingMeemie
    I know, right? This reminds me of just yesterday. I was standing in the store, minding my own business (wearing an Up with Communism Tshirt), when this crazy guy put down his 12 pack of Bud Light and took out his cell phone to call Child Protective Services on me, for exposing my kid to Un-American ideals...right before he handed me a Sarah Palin is God-dess sticker.

I swear. Crazy, but true.
    Zephie (14 posts) Thu Apr-29-10 04:17 PM
    82. Update/Edit since the edit period is over Updated at 3:03 PM

Just spent the last 20 minutes on the phone with the police giving a description but they have told us that since no one else witnessed it that there probably wont be any real outcome one way or the other, but that they'll keep a look out for him. Thank you all for the kindness, it's very appreciated - I've been equipped for a verbal conflict for awhile with these schmucks, but I never expected anything like that to happen. And those of you who choose to say it's not true you're welcome to your opinion. I just don't see what anyone would gain by lying about something like this...
    cherokeeprogressive Donating Member (1000+ posts) J Thu Apr-29-10 04:40 PM
    Response to Reply #82
    103. (SQUAWK) All Units... All Units... Be on the lookout for tailgating teabagger on trike...

Suspect is to be treated as armed and imaginary. (SQUAWK)

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Codeine Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-29-10 04:05 PM
    74. I guess this is a nice change from the usual

"I confronted a Teabagger today at the mall and totally shut him down!" bullshit that usually passes for Daily Story Hour at DU.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :D
    I hope it's only this DUmmie who catches on. Otherwise we won't have anymore bouncies to laugh at.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

cherokeeprogressive Donating Member (1000+ posts) J Thu Apr-29-10 04:40 PM
    Response to Reply #82
    103. (SQUAWK) All Units... All Units... Be on the lookout for tailgating teabagger on trike...

Suspect is to be treated as armed and imaginary. (SQUAWK)
    ROFLMAO! :D

OK! This here is funny!

Moments later he falls back and lets some space come between us and then speeds up to what must have been close to 100 mph and suddenly jerks into the next lane, up beside us and then pulls in front of us with less than a foot of space. My husband jerks to avoid hitting him and we ended up spinning out into the opposing lane. Being a good driver he managed to recover before we got hit, but we ended up behind the same trike rider at the next light

davsand Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Apr-29-10 04:00 PM
    62. He was on a bike? He should have been afraid of YOU since you were in a car.

I'll guarantee your car or van would pose a much bigger threat his safety than his bike would pose to yours. You outweigh him by quite a bit and he doesn't have a metal auto-body to protect him. You hit him with a fender he's probably gonna go flying.

I have always kind of been mildly bemused at the stories of people being forced off the road by bikers. If you stop to think about it, a few well timed swerves and they are gonna think twice about getting in too close to you. Got somebody on a bike tailing you too close? What do you think would happen to them if you slammed on YOUR brakes? It won't be pretty, and the ticket would probably not be yours.

Just sayin...

Laura
    When I rode a bike back in the late 70"s we used to keep a couple of Ball bearings in our pocket! Just get in front of the jackass that was f-king with you and let a couple drop! Kinda amazing!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Suspect is to be treated as armed and imaginary.
    The title alone did crack me up but that right there is funny.

Hey DUmmy, generally speaking, in car vs. motorcycle incidents...car wins 99.999% of the time. Grow a pair.

My husband jerks to avoid hitting him and we ended up spinning out into the opposing lane...
    Right.

I had a semi do this to me the other day, pulled back into my lane way too fast due to oncoming traffic...but instead of spinning out in the other lane, I just slammed on my brakes (spilled my coffee...:mad:) and got off the road. That's way safer than allowing a TRIKE to make you spin out.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    a TRIKE
    Were you picturing this too?

:D

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Were you picturing this too?

:D
    Well, lets just say I wasn't impressed by "the great driver" that supposedly spun out over any type of bike. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Well, lets just say I wasn't impressed by "the great driver" that supposedly spun out over any type of bike. :D
    At 100 mph!!! Musta had restrictor plates and air spoilers!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.