Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Japan issues request for international warrant for eco terrorist Watson 
    Sonnabend
    BWAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAPAN plans to seek an international arrest warrant against anti-whaling Sea Shepherd chief Paul Watson over tense high-seas clashes, broadcaster NHK says. The Japan Coast Guard has obtained an arrest warrant in Tokyo against the Canadian national for allegedly instructing members of his militant environmental group to obstruct Japan's whaling mission, the public broadcaster said today.
    Oh, be still my heart.....

Japan will seek his arrest through the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol), NHK said. No immediate confirmation of the report was available from the coast guard. The last ship of Japan's Antarctic whaling fleet sailed home this month with the smallest catch in years. Whalers blame the shortfall on high-seas clashes with the environmental group Sea Shepherd.
    Oh please, please, add a piracy charge.....

This season's confrontations in icy Antarctic waters saw the sinking of a Sea Shepherd vessel and the arrest of one of its activists, a New Zealander who faces trial in Japan.
    Boarded a foreign flag ship whilst armed, intending to assault the Captain of said vessel.

Peter Bethune was indicted on April 2 for trespass, injuring a person, carrying a weapon, vandalism and obstructing commercial activities - charges that could see him jailed for up to 15 years.
    Yesssssssssssssssss...........

Bethune, 45, was the captain of the Sea Shepherd's Ady Gil, a futuristic powerboat that sank after it was sliced in two in a collision with the whaling fleet's security ship Shonan Maru II in early January
    Whalers 1 econazis 0

:D:D:D

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    haha, I freaking love it. Though i can see these fucktards fleeing to the US where interpol can't reach them. and the econazi's will hide his ass. I wonder if Discovery will stop airing that show that protrays these idiots a saviors to the whales

Sonnabend
    Oh, if they run to the US, Interpol will get them. With a warrant for his arrest, even Obambi wont be able to stop them :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Oh, if they run to the US, Interpol will get them. With a warrant for his arrest, even Obambi wont be able to stop them :D
    I would think that with Obumbler's love with anything International, he would glady obey anything Interpol would demand.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

The last ship of Japan's Antarctic whaling fleet sailed home this month with the smallest catch in years. Whalers blame the shortfall on high-seas clashes with the environmental group Sea Shepherd.
    Good News! Straight to HELL with Whalers and those evil rat bastards who support them. Paul's response to Japan's kangaroo court? "I don't think I'll let you arrest me today"
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Sonnabend
    Good News! Straight to HELL with Whalers and those evil rat bastards who support them
    I support them. What they are doing is perfectly legal..unlike Watson and his gang of pirates.

. Paul's response to Japan's kangaroo court? "I don't think I'll let you arrest me today"
    Paul, the nutter you admire, will not have any say in the matter. A warrant is a warrant and Watson and his crew broke the law, violated maritime regulations,his friend boarded a foreign flag ship in international waters with the stated intent of "making a citizens arrest:" when he had no legal powers to do so, no authority to make said "arrest" and is not an authoprised or duly sworn office rof any law anywhere.

The ship was in international waters which means the Constitution and his "citizens rights" mean jack and shit. Your law is only effective within your borders.

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but US law has no power once you leave the US.

I think the whole lot of them should be arrested and tossed in prison, the eco-terrorists as well as the whalers. You have two groups doing the wrong thing arguing about who has the right to behave wrongly.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sonnabend
    think the whole lot of them should be arrested and tossed in prison, the eco-terrorists as well as the whalers
    As soon as you can show us just what crimes the Japanese have committed, under whose law said charges will be filed, with what evidence, and under whose jurisdiction. Don't start throwing US law at me, because US law has no force or legality outside your borders. The crimes in question were committed aboard a JAPANESE ship.

Japanese law applies here.

The Japanese, regardless of your insulted sensibilities, have committed no illegal act whatsoever, so quite frankly, your desires have no basis in legality or reality. You sound exactly like the DU'ers who want former Pres Bush thrown in jail...and yet have no response when asked "On what charge"

So..I ask again. "Put them in jail"....for what, exactly?

Name me one law they have broken. Just one.

You have two groups doing the wrong thing arguing about who has the right to behave wrongly.
    One is acting inside the law, the other has broken several laws, including piracy and illegal boarding of a foreign flag ship in international waters, with hostile intent ,whilst armed.

I suggest you take a long hard look at the actual law on the subject, specifically the maritime regulations, laws of ships at sea, regulations governing close approach whilst in sea lanes, and the actual maritime and shipping laws which states that at sea a ship is under the absolute control of its Master, and that no one may board his or her ship without the Captain's express permission.

Watson is an eco terrorist who has already sunk several ships, is wanted in at least three countries, and is a zealous fanatic who could care less if men die to save his precious whales.

in 1986, Sea Shepherd carried out an action against the Icelandic whaling station in Hvalfjoerdur and sank two Icelandic whaling vessels in Reykjavik harbor by opening their sea valves;[1] in December 1992, Sea Shepherd sank the vessel Nybroena in port;[2]
    Sea Shepherd claimed to have sank the Taiwanese drift net ship Jiang Hai in port in Taiwan and to have rammed and disabled four other Asian drift net ships;[3]

A Canadian court ordered Watson and his former ship, the Cleveland Armory, to pay a total of $35,000 for ramming a Cuban fishing vessel off the coast of Newfoundland in June 1993

In January 1994 the group severely damaged the whaling ship Senet in the Norwegian port of Gressvik.[5]
    Watson has rammed and sunk several ships whilst their crews were aboard.

And before you start spouting off about "whale sanctuaries", I will remind you that the zone is enforced by a treaty the Japanese did not sign, the area is not Australian territory, and never has been.

No one so far has been killed by this raving nutter...yet.

Watson is an eco terrorist.

End of story.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 05-01-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    honestly, the dude is lucky the Japanese didn't/couldn't carry weapons. If they had, we wouldn't be having this discussion as the guy would have been shot.

Also under International Law Japan and a couple other countries/people are allowed to whale (though some of it is guised as "scientific" research)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    BWAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, be still my heart.....

Oh please, please, add a piracy charge.....

Boarded a foreign flag ship whilst armed, intending to assault the Captain of said vessel.

Yesssssssssssssssss...........

Whalers 1 econazis 0

:D:D:D
    Yeah man let's kill every single whale on the planet! Fuck Yoo Whale! And fuck yoo Dolfhinnn!