1. #1 CNN: Some Hispanic Americans hope law deters illegal immigration 
    Phoenix, Arizona (CNN) -- Sue Schwartz says she's been called a racist so many times she doesn't mind the label anymore. If wanting immigrants to enter the country legally, like her great-grandparents from Mexico, and obey the laws of the land makes her racist, then so be it, she says firmly.

"I'm getting to the point I wear it with pride," says Schwartz, a lifelong Arizonan who has warily watched the growth of the illegal immigrant population in the state over the course of her life.

About 500,000 unauthorized immigrants were believed to live in Arizona in 2008, and 11.9 million nationwide, up from 3.5 million nationwide in 1990, according to a Pew Hispanic Center report published in 2009.

This year, the tide is finally turning in her favor, she says, with the passage of SB 1070, aimed at cracking down on illegal immigration.

The new law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there is reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally.

Link

Looks like CNN is doing some backpedaling after they found out that many legal immigrants support this law. If you read the article, toward the end CNN actually describes why legal immigrants and hispanics take issue with the way illegal immigrants behave. To sum it up, these legal immigrants left Mexico because they didn't like Mexico and wanted a better life. However, through uncontrolled illegal immigration, the conditions of Mexico have followed them.

My favorite quote from the article:

"Any time an American does something wrong or breaks the law they're going to pay the consequences. Whenever an illegal does something wrong they get a new ID and become a new person," she says. "I want the laws same for everybody here, not bent for them." --Sue Schwartz
    Last edited by malloc; 04-30-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Banned
    Go to a foreign country and not have your papers/visa in order and you get deported pronto; like Noonwitch stated that's after they beat the shit beat out of you in many cases.

I do not know why it is so hard for the mindless, left wing, bleeding heart, liberals to comprehend the law of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Go to a foreign country and not have your papers/visa in order and you get deported pronto; like Noonwitch stated that's after they beat the shit beat out of you in many cases.

I do not know why it is so hard for the mindless, left wing, bleeding heart, liberals to comprehend the law of the land.
    Do I have to explain it to you? It's about staying in power. They know these scumbags(yes, I said scumbags) are most likely democrat voters. Believe you me, if these were conservative Christian people, the left would be lining up to deport them themselves.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.