Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Bullshit. I think the great majority of homosexuality is genetic and it will be proven in our lifetime.
    And then abortion will be outlawed.;)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    And then abortion will be outlawed.;)
    In the slight chance abortion is outlawed; it won't stop it. I was in college before Roe, everyone knew where you could get one - with a doctor.

I say live and let live.

Eyelids
    In the slight chance abortion is outlawed; it won't stop it. I was in college before Roe, everyone knew where you could get one - with a doctor.
    Or they'll just go south. 5 or 6 dead teenagers later and people will be wondering what the hell they got themselves into.

John
    Bullshit. I think the great majority of homosexuality is genetic and it will be proven in our lifetime.
    I'm not so sure. For a long time the medical community believed in an 'alcoholic gene' which would predispose a person to alcoholism. Largely through the work of Dr. Stanton Peele this idea has been exposed as a myth, even though organizations such as AA refuse to accept his findings. I think homosexuality is more behavioral than genetic. A person who subscribes to genetics must also hold the theory of natural selection in some regard. Since homosexuals by definition aren't likely to produce a significant volume of offspring to pass on this homosexual gene, then it could stand to reason that homosexuality is not genetic. I'm not saying this conclusion is complete, studied and verified, but it does make sense.

I'm by no means saying that homosexuality is wrong because it is a choice at some level. People have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as they see fit and to me that's final. I'm not even saying that homosexuality is a conscious choice like choosing between pizza or chicken for dinner. I'm just speculating that the root cause of homosexuality is more psychological than genetic. That doesn't mean homosexuality is wrong because it's not a genetic predisposition, it just means that we have a lot more to learn about human psychology.

I was being a smartass. Rush has an ongoing "joke" about how the only way libs would be against abortion is if the baby was gay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I was being a smartass. Rush has an ongoing "joke" about how the only way libs would be against abortion is if the baby was gay.
    Thats a little dishonesty on his part (not unusual, he lies for a living). They would only be against abortion (I think) if it was solely because the baby was gay and the mother would have otherwise had the child if it weren't. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Thats a little dishonesty on his part (not unusual, he lies for a living). They would only be against abortion (I think) if it was solely because the baby was gay and the mother would have otherwise had the child if it weren't. ;)
    That is actually what he says. I wasn't clear. Sorry.