Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Barack Obama - HE NEEDS GET TO THE GULF COAST NOW ! 
    Long time DU lurker, this is my first post!

Just got off the phone with my family on the gulf coast and oil is on the beaches already, they're scared for what its going to look like come sun up.

Obama MUST get down to Gulf Coast ASAP! Take the reigns and lead! Reverse his drill policy and SHOW HIS FACE in the Gulf Coast!!!

Joe Scarborough and Mika just called it Obama's Katrina.

This is a tragic disaster! WE NEED LEADERSHIP!

WTF is he going to do? Get in the way? Get an oily film on his teleprompter?

http://www.democraticunderground.com...mesg_id=282867
    "Get up early, raise Hell all day!"

Banned
    The dumb ass's at BP should have set the oil spill on fire. Secondly, they underestimated the magnitude of the spill and containment. They still have not been able to access the cut off valve. They are still considering whether or not to set it on fire. A bunch of idiots for sure.

Dumb ass Obama can do little coming to the coast. His answer is sending a team of lawyers from the Justice Dept. under Eric Holder and swat teams to the other rigs. I am wondering if this was sabotage

This is going to be a disaster for LA. Many people living in the coastal areas make their living off of fishing, shrimping and oyster harvesting. 30% of the seafood consumed in the US comes from the Gulf of Mexico.

I am wondering if this was sabotage
    There were plenty of liberal and ecology nuts that were mad at Obama for considering any kind of drilling, anywhere in the Us. It wouldn't surprise me if it were sabotage, ecological terrorism or just plain terrorism. The left is pretending to be all fired up angry with BP and Halliburtin, but it really seems as though they are satisfied it is happening and only glad that now they can call for Obama to stop all drilling for oil.

Conspiracy theory? Yes. But I don't think it is so far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    The dumb ass's at BP should have set the oil spill on fire. Secondly, they underestimated the magnitude of the spill and containment. They still have not been able to access the cut off valve. They are still considering whether or not to set it on fire. A bunch of idiots for sure.

Dumb ass Obama can do little coming to the coast. His answer is sending a team of lawyers from the Justice Dept. under Eric Holder and swat teams to the other rigs. I am wondering if this was sabotage

This is going to be a disaster for LA. Many people living in the coastal areas make their living off of fishing, shrimping and oyster harvesting. 30% of the seafood consumed in the US comes from the Gulf of Mexico.
    I am sure they need to get EPA approval before this is done as there are uncontrolled emissions from burning oil w/o the "required" pollution controls in place. While it might be the prudent and obvious thing to do, BP cannot unilaterally take action w/o even more civil and possibly criminal liability. Yes, i know this may seem stupid, but we are working with governmental oversight.

On the SWAT teams, Obama must have some reasonable suspicion if he is sending SWAT and not OSHA.

The oil isn't that easy to burn. The gas surrounding the oil burns easily but that is more of a safety hazard. The tap is 5000 feet down. It will take a long time to clear the debris and cap the well. All this will have to be done by remote vehicles. There is no easy fix.They wil need to concentrate on containment first and for a long time. They will also have to concurrently work to cap the well.

There is no easy answer but a political knee jerker president will do his best to appear busy and concerned. He is neither. He is incompetent and unconcerned. He will only use this to further his anti-big oil platform.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    I am sure they need to get EPA approval before this is done as there are uncontrolled emissions from burning oil w/o the "required" pollution controls in place. While it might be the prudent and obvious thing to do, BP cannot unilaterally take action w/o even more civil and possibly criminal liability. Yes, i know this may seem stupid, but we are working with governmental oversight.

On the SWAT teams, Obama must have some reasonable suspicion if he is sending SWAT and not OSHA.
    This should be a lesson to the rest of the oil companies drilling offshore. Light the spills ups and screw the EPA; take your chances with fines/criminal liability, etc cause this spill might put BP out of business. Oil companies taking action before the Feds give their blessings is the prudent thing to do.

I live in Louisiana and this just pisses me off to the max. The oysters beds off the coast are toast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jug View Post
    WTF is he going to do? Get in the way? Get an oily film on his teleprompter?
    Exactly. The Prez doesn't know jack about oil rigs, ocean currents, or using Dawn dish washing liquid to clean off shore birds. This goes for any president. A presidential appearance during a disaster just screws up traffic and takes police away from more important tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    The oysters beds off the coast are toast.
    I promise I had nothing to do with this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I promise I had nothing to do with this.
    I know but I love them and could live on seafood. .

This is a tragic disaster!
    As opposed to what, a "fun and exciting disaster"?
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers