Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Here is a photo my Son and I took this morning. Sorry about the size.

This is the River Walk in Clarksville, Tennessee we were there for about 30 mins and the water came up over 3 feet. We were ordered out of the area.

Last edited by Big Guy; 05-02-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I used to live there (Antioch) and worked at that mall. Can't seem to remember the name though. My children live in Mt Juliet. Is it safe there?
    Just heard reports of flooding in Mt. Juliet, you might want to call.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

More Pics of the River Walk in Clarksville, Tennessee

I just talked to a good friend who is a Metro Nashville Cop, he helped recover 2 more bodies floating down Charlotte Pike near White Bridge Road. People are still being rescued off roof tops.

The Cumberland river is at 50 feet above flood level :eek: reported by News Channel 2 in Nashville.

http://www.wkrn.com/

Between 1500 and 2000 people evacuated from the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.

This is the premiere Hotel in Nashville.

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    A house just took out several cars on I-24 and I watched it live. I guess it's a little pay back for all those cars that took out houses.

I know this is a horrible tragedy for people in Nashville and it's immediate surroundings, but that is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Just heard reports of flooding in Mt. Juliet, you might want to call.
    They texted me yesterday. Both are safe. My son said he has never seen so much water. The older businesses in Mt Juliet are knee deep in water. It isn't particularly low lying there so that must be scary. I remember one creek near the ball fields, if that has backed up to the town, then it must be the highest in recorded history.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

So everyone knows, Clarksville is now getting it worse even than Nashville (Clarksville is about 60 miles northwest of Nashville). The Cumberland is expected to crest later tonight at sixteen and a half feet above flood stage in the Clarksville area. Big Guy here probably is having a very rough time of it right about now, and it's entirely possible he won't get internet access for a while.

The damage is simply astounding. This is going to be bigger than Katrina. For sixty-three continuous miles out Interstate 40 to the west of Nashville, there were whole subdivisions under water. Not just a foot or two, but flooded right up to the roof and above. Thousands and thousands and thousands of houses completely obliterated. The Opryland Hotel has ten feet of standing water in the hotel, the Opry House has many feet of water in it, to the point that one of the caretakers there was able to drive a boat around inside the Opry House today; water is several feet over the stage. Most, if not all, of Opry Mills Mall is under several feet of water. Whole regions of the city are under ten and more feet of water: the entire area of Pennington Bend, which probably encompasses 10,000 homes, is completely under water; not even the roofs of houses are visible there. The Cumberland crested earlier tonight (hopefully) at about thirteen feet above floodstage. The Schermerhorn Symphony Center is completely flooded, the Arena (now Bridgestone Arena, formerly known as the Sommet Center, and before that the Gaylord Entertainment Center; the place where the Predators play) is completely flooded. LP Field (where the Titans play) is under probably about 12 feet of water. Pretty much every bar along lower Broadway is under water. Whole neighborhoods are completely cut off from the rest of the city without water, power, telephones. One of our two water treatment plants is completely out of commission, and the other is at risk of flooding. We, as a city, may run out of drinkable water soon, without hope of getting drinkable water back for weeks.

I consider myself exceptionally blessed to have neither taken water in my home in west Nashville nor at my office in downtown Nashville. The overwhelming majority of Nashvillians are not so lucky as I.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

It is nice to know your alright Adam, we hadn't heard from you in awhile.