Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just watched video of man being swept away by rapid moving water near Bell road. I hope he ends up okay.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Just saw report, the man that was washed away didn't make it.:(
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

New report, 2 dead in Stewart County. Neighbor tried to help get a stuck SUV out of the creek, both the Neighbor and SUV driver died. :(

Wow, y'all are really having a rough day there.
    I've been watching it on the news. :(

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Thanks! Hickory Hills? Is that the mall? I ask because I don't want to wake up tonight with a eureka moment. I used to be Al Bundy. Hated every minute of it.
    Just figured it out, it's hickory Hollow Mall.

Massive water rescues still in progress, entire apartment complex being evacuated by Nashville Fire Department.

State of emergency declared in Laverne, Tennessee
    Indian Mound, Tennessee inundated as Cumberland river over flows it's bank, water rescues in progress.
    Clarksville, Tennessee is bracing for massive flooding along Cumberland river.
    I live less than 1/2 mile from the Cumberland river but on high ground, I should be okay.

Apartment complex in Smyrna, Tennessee scene of massive water rescue by Smyrna Fire Department.

Death toll in Tennessee up to 5.

2nd round of storms coming in.
    Last edited by Big Guy; 05-01-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Corrected information

Here is a video of the "House" that hit the cars earlier.

It ended up being a portable class room from an elementary school, notice the "HOPE" sign on the side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5gYhLKwSp4

TEMA is asking the Governor to activate the Tennessee National Guard so they can place high water vehicles in strategic areas in the Middle Tennessee area.

I sure hope the Wolf Creek Dam don't break, they have been worrying about that for quite a while.

Scary stuff. Prayers for you. I am trying to call my children now. Gotta go.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Round two today.

13 inches of rain in some areas outside Nashville and we are expecting double today.