Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 PREDICTION: They'll arrest somebody for the Times Square Event within 48 hours 
    link

They are so predictable.

WeDidIt Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-02-10 08:25 AM
    Original message
    PREDICTION: They'll arrest somebody for the Times Square Event within 48 hours

He had Connecticut plates on the SUV that were registered to another vehicle.

This was a full blown amateur which is indicative of a completely domestic event.

I'm about 75% sure they already have a name and are seeking the perpetrator now.
    WeDidIt Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-02-10 08:31 AM
    Response to Reply #4
    8. Yep, that's why I figure they already know who it is.

I'm betting it's a veteran, which means the fingerprints are in the FBI database.
    LiberalLoner (635 posts)
    Sun May-02-10 08:31 AM
    Response to Original message
    7. Wonder if it will end up being a right-wing terrorism incident? n/t
    They could have a video of Gore making the bomb and driving it there and they would still find a way to say it was "right wing terrorism.
    WeDidIt Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-02-10 08:31 AM
    Response to Reply #7
    11. I'd say that's the most likely scenario.

My bet is, it's a right wing nutball who is also a veteran and a militia member.
    Because it absolutely could not be a Muslim.
    malaise Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-02-10 08:32 AM
    Response to Reply #7
    12. I'm betting yes on that n/t
    divvy (195 posts) Sun May-02-10 08:43 AM
    Response to Reply #7
    19. I bet that it is another McVeigh type incident.

Some teabaggers are even starting to imortalize that ass.
    Christa Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun May-02-10 08:38 AM
    16. I think Halliburton has a finger in this pie. nt
    KharmaTrain Sun May-02-10 08:43 AM
    20. Snap Judgement Corporate Media

No sooner does an incident of this scope occur than the media begins to guess who did it, why and what else do they have planned. They roll in the "experts" who add their own speculation and second guess every little thread they can pull. Hours are filled with lots of wasted verbage based on little information that has turned many into expecting some kind of instant answer or who will use the vaccuum of legitimate information to use this event to push an agenda.

I'm very grateful that this thing didn't go off and the heads up to those who quickly noted something suspicious and the quick response by the NYPD. I'm also glad that this thing didn't occur during a weekday, not only for the damage that would have occured with even more people in the area but that the corporate media was busy at their drinkie-drinkie party inside the beltway rather than blathering endlessly with all their "theories" and "experts".

My bets are we hear something by tomorrow afternoon to tamp down the speculation that's sure to happen when the usual suspects get in front of the cameras and microphones tomorrow.
    I don't know why they have a problem with that. DUers do it all the time, ironically even in this very thread.

My guess is that it is an amateur but I'm also willing to bet that it will turn out to be the same kind of dolt like those who were busted last year in NY. And they will most undoubtedly be Muslims. Every terror plot save one that has been uncovered or not been successful since 9/11 have been by Islamic goons. That militia group has been the only terror group or plot that has been even remotely right wing. These idiots just don't get it. 99.9% of right wing terrorism has been directed at some kind of government entity. When a target is in an area that is predominantly civilian, you can bet your bippy that it's Islamists behind it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

A right wing Veteran, man are they screwed up.

If it was a Veteran of the U.S. Military it would have worked and it would have been planted outside an Acorn office.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Right out of the Rules For Radicals. Nice job Saul, you taught your Bots well.
    Libertards are so predictable.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

A veteran did this? As a former Army NBC officer, I can show you how to make IEDs out of stuff you already have in your garage. And they won't fail. Of course that assumes that you have a garage, and don't live in your mother's basement.

My guess; wannabe muslim jihadists or DU members.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

In the new videos this morning, you could see a sign on one of the buildings in the background that said "ARMED FORCES..." something.

They'll shut up real fast if it was one of their own.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Idjt DUmmies.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderguy8 View Post
    I don't think so.
    Police are saying there's no evidence the Taliban were behind this, plus the Taliban have a bit of a history of claiming responsibility for terrorist attacks they weren't involved with, plus, the suspect seen on surveillance cameras leaving the scene was white.
    However, on another blog I frequent, another possible attacker was listed: A radical Communist, or more likely Anarchist, protestor. I consider this option much more likely than a right- wing veteran or Muslim terrorist, for a few reasons relating to how the would- be attack was carried out:
    1. First and foremost, consider the day it occurred: May 1, aka May Day, aka International Workers Solidarity Day. That day is like the most sacred holiday of the year for Communists and especially Anarchists, a day when they love engaging in random vandalism, violence, and destruction, or as they prefer to call it, "Direct actions."
    2. Consider the target. The SUV was parked on 45th Street, in the heart of the Theater District, where a lot of the wealthiest New Yorkers go for dining and entertainment. Keep in mind that due to Communist/ Anarchist protestors' borderline psychotic obsessions with class warfare, they tend to view the wealthy as evil, greedy, decadent monsters who all deserve to die for "Oppressing the workers" or some crap like that. The Theater District on a Saturday night would be a perfect time for them to launch such an assault on wealthy New Yorkers.
    3. Consider the M.O. of the man spotted leaving the scene, based on what the surveillance camera caught. He slipped down an alley and took off his shirt, revealing another underneath, then stowed the first shirt in his bag and kept walking, glancing over his shoulder as he went. A while ago, I was perusing an Anarchist Survival Handbook for laughs, and in one of the many suggestions on how their activists can get away with riots and attacks, it advised activists to do essentially the exact same thing. It suggested go to the attack sites dressed in at least two layers of different- looking clothing. Then, when trying to make your getaway, slip into an alley and remove the first layer, so as to make it harder for the police to identify you. The suspect on the video did just that.
    4. Consider how the bomb was made. Some of the key ingredients included gasoline and fireworks (Apparently, a timer was rigged to a 16 oz. can full of small fireworks, which would in turn set off the gasoline, which would in turn set off the three propane tanks in the car). These are both frequently- used incendiary weapons for Communist/ Anarchist protestors in their riots (Gasoline is used to make Molotov cocktails, and small fireworks are simply tossed at police), due to being inexpensive and easily- acquired.
    None of this is a smoking gun of course, but I'd say it's a much more likely scenario than the bomber being either a Muslim extremist or a right- wing veteran.
    Last edited by movie buff; 05-03-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderguy8 View Post
    And we all know how truthful the Pakistani Taliban are.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis