1. #1 Pakistani Taliban claims bombs! 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!

May 2, 2010

The so-called Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for a failed car bombing in New York’s Times Square.

A statement posted on the internet on Sunday said the attempted attack the previous day was to avenge the killing of two "Muslim martyrs", leaders of al-Qaeda linked groups in Iraq.

"The Pakistani Taliban announced its responsibility for the New York attack in revenge for the two leaders al-Baghdadi and al-Mahajer and Muslim martyrs," the statement read.

It referred to Abu Ayub al-Masri, also known as al-Mahajer, the head of al-Qaeda in Iraq, and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, the purported head of the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), an al-Qaeda affiliate.

The two were reportedly killed in a joint raid by US and Iraqi soldiers on April 18.

It was not immediately possible to verify the authenticity of the claim by a group which is largely responsible for domestic attacks targeting Pakistani military or government officials…

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/am...630201226.html
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Well, this is an entirely unexpected turn of events. I thought for sure that it was going to be the AARP that was behind this, not Muslims. Talk about coming out of left field!
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Well, this is an entirely unexpected turn of events. I thought for sure that it was going to be the AARP that was behind this, not Muslims. Talk about coming out of left field!
    Stuff like this is why the neighbors here were getting uneasy. Seems one realtor brought a van full of Muslims, dressed in the black garb with only the eyes showing. Neighbor after neighbor told me about it. They're SO glad that the group of folks with the flowing robes didn't buy our house.

PS I do know that all folks who attend the mosque and wear the desert garb aren't terrorists. It's just the perception. People here are getting jumpy with these attempted attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Stuff like this is why the neighbors here were getting uneasy. Seems one realtor brought a van full of Muslims, dressed in the black garb with only the eyes showing. Neighbor after neighbor told me about it. They're SO glad that the group of folks with the flowing robes didn't buy our house.

PS I do know that all folks who attend the mosque and wear the desert garb aren't terrorists. It's just the perception. People here are getting jumpy with these attempted attacks.
    I hear ya. Everyone in the NYC metro area is a little skittish given the events of 9/11/01. My sister-in-law was working in the WTC that day and made it out with very little time to spare. I am with you on not painting with a broad brush too, but to this day, the relative silence from the Muslim community troubles me greatly.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

On the Today Show this morning, there was some speculation that this happened near the Viacom building? I don't know NYC that well, other than how the streets line up. I've only been there once. But Viacom owns Comedy Central, and produces South Park....

They were interviewing the guy who called the police-one of the vendors from Times Square. He seemed totally overwhelmed by the spotlight, but it does make me feel more secure knowing that even our hot-dog and jewelry vendors in the street are paying close attention to what's going on around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    My money was on the Amish. We all know what radicals they are.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    On the Today Show this morning, there was some speculation that this happened near the Viacom building?
    Viacom is on Broadway between W. 44th and W. 45th. The Nissan was left on W. 45th.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    I hate to give credit to those filthy bastards, but if the Taliban were behind this the bomb would've been a little bit more than fertilizer attached to some fireworks with a plastic firing trigger. My guess it was just a cook like the guy who hit the IRS building earlier, it barely even qualifies as terrorism. For once I agree with Napolitano.