Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    President Obama gets up twice in a couple hours...obviously to personally handle an emergency, we should all pat him on the back.

President Bush spends 7 minutes reading calimly to children before excusing himself, obviously he didn't react in the correct way, we should all castigate him for it.

OK....
    Well said.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    When there's a national crisis there are two and only two possible courses of action:
    1. Read My Pet Goat.
    2. Totally meltdown and panic and scream with arms waving in the air.
    "excuse me, I have to go, something has come up."

WHOAAAA NOWWWW.... we're not all fancy Ivy League Professors, we're not all philosophers, let's stop thjinking these radical thoughts and stay grounded in reality.
    When there are active hostilities they freeze everything in place until secondary protocols are put into place because you protect the Principal DIFFERENTLY when you are in a technical state of war and looking at non conventional attacks. They would have broken his fucking knee to keep him there if he'd TRIED to leave before military assets were brought on line and the SS could go onto an active response rather than a passive one.

So quit acting like an abrasive teenage fu**tard, kay? 'Cause you don't know what the hell you're talking about and you look like you are either A) stirring up shit to be a dick in which case you may well soon be doing it elsewhere. Or B) A clueless idiot.

Lets give you the benefit of the doubt and go with B.

Sonnabend
    If you knew anything about the service, you'd know that the principal moves when and if the USSS says he can.

At the same time they are busy securing the route, the status and welfare of FLOTUS and their daughters, checking and confirming the line of succession should something happen to POTUS, they have to sweep the area, and secure it so there are no nasty surprises waiting for him when he comes out.

The only job they have is to protect POTUS. And if they have to sit on him to do it, they will. At the same time they are checking on the Veep as he is immediate 2IC, they are checking whether he goes to the WH or to NEACP, if the air routes are safe and that the immediate area is "sanitised"

They coordinate with NEACP, Omaha, SAC, USAF HQ, their immediate superiors, they check to ensure local authorities are in place and that the roads will be clear on the trip back.

One of their biggest nightmares is a motorcade caught in traffic or pinned down, then they go defensive and THAT they do not like.

All this takes time.

"Mr President , the US is under attack, stay put until we tell you, sir"

More or less those, would be the exact words the agents would whisper to him, meanwhile, unobtrusively, weapons are readied and the "heavy weapons" team is now on the move, ready to blow the head off anything or anyone that even looks remotely dangerous.

The President leaving the school and suddenly coming under sniper fire is just ONE scenario, another was the distinct possibility that another plane was aimed at the WH....so they dont deliver him to ANY location until they know it is secure.

The job of the Secret Service is to protect the President, from threats both external , internal, and when needed, to protect the man from himself.

You're an idiot.

WHOAAAA NOWWWW.... we're not all fancy Ivy League Professors, we're not all philosophers, let's stop thjinking these radical thoughts and stay grounded in reality.
    Actually there is a "let's not panic until the facts or known because it is better to act than to react" element that you seem to be over looking. There is a reason why a President has an administration. One of them is to handle things until such a time as a Presidential decision is required.

Could you explain to me what could have been done differently if Bush would have said "excuse me, I have to go, something has come up" and left?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    If you knew anything about the service, you'd know that the principal moves when and if the USSS says he can.

At the same time they are busy securing the route, the status and welfare of FLOTUS and their daughters, checking and confirming the line of succession should something happen to POTUS, they have to sweep the area, and secure it so there are no nasty surprises waiting for him when he comes out.

The only job they have is to protect POTUS. And if they have to sit on him to do it, they will. At the same time they are checking on the Veep as he is immediate 2IC, they are checking whether he goes to the WH or to NEACP, if the air routes are safe and that the immediate area is "sanitised"

They coordinate with NEACP, Omaha, SAC, USAF HQ, their immediate superiors, they check to ensure local authorities are in place and that the roads will be clear on the trip back.

One of their biggest nightmares is a motorcade caught in traffic or pinned down, then they go defensive and THAT they do not like.

All this takes time.

"Mr President , the US is under attack, stay put until we tell you, sir"

More or less those, would be the exact words the agents would whisper to him, meanwhile, unobtrusively, weapons are readied and the "heavy weapons" team is now on the move, ready to blow the head off anything or anyone that even looks remotely dangerous.

The President leaving the school and suddenly coming under sniper fire is just ONE scenario, another was the distinct possibility that another plane was aimed at the WH....so they dont deliver him to ANY location until they know it is secure.

The job of the Secret Service is to protect the President, from threats both external , internal, and when needed, to protect the man from himself.

You're an idiot.
    Well said.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Actually there is a "let's not panic until the facts or known because it is better to act than to react" element that you seem to be over looking. There is a reason why a President has an administration. One of them is to handle things until such a time as a Presidential decision is required.

Could you explain to me what could have been done differently if Bush would have said "excuse me, I have to go, something has come up" and left?
    He's not "overlooking" anything, he's being an idiot in the name of politics. His heart throb (we can only hope this is the only organ that throbs:eek:), O Blah Blah, can do any stupid thing he wants and will be praised. ANY Conservative can act appropriately and be attacked. Standard LIBERTARDISM, nothing new.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    Yeah. When the Nation is under attack the best thing for the Commander in Chief to do is to run screaming like a schoolgirl in front of a bunch of children.

Yeah. When the Nation is under attack the best thing for the Commander in Chief to do is to run screaming like a liberal wetting his pants in front of a bunch of children

Fixxed

The big Cheese
    wee wee the pee pee boy really sucks at the whole "troll" thing....
    I have seen better on a facebook page.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.