Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Not a Planet of the Apes fan, but I'm a fan of the Articulate Ape. Welcome back. :)

Thanks. My postings may be a little sporadic since my health is up and down still. I've reluctantly applied for disability and to the shock of my doctors I have been initially declined (after being employed every day since I was 18 save four. I wasn't that surprised since I'm not a lazy scumbag who they would approve in a heartbeat. But I have lawyers and they are gonna get me what I think I have earned. It is hardly an entitlement when you have paid into the system all your life. I really don't like my government very much at all.

Anyway, I go on.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

ABC is one smart cookie bones.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Thanks. My postings may be a little sporadic since my health is up and down still. I've reluctantly applied for disability and to the shock of my doctors I have been initially declined (after being employed every day since I was 18 save four. I wasn't that surprised since I'm not a lazy scumbag who they would approve in a heartbeat. But I have lawyers and they are gonna get me what I think I have earned. It is hardly an entitlement when you have paid into the system all your life. I really don't like my government very much at all.

Anyway, I go on.
    Sorry to hear about the health issues. Those that have given all they could give all their life are always punished by red tape and that sucks.

That's very true, Rob.

Anyway, I go on.

Don't give up on it. Most people do get declined at first, maybe even the second or third times before they finally get it.

Anyway, I go on.
    Heh, I went through their hoops for 2 years before they decided I was really disabled. But by that time I was working at home at a job that I had no problem doing with my disabilities. And now I am a proud HR Corporate Scum!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

So, Patriot, just out of curiosity, did they pay you for the time from when you filed and the date it was approved? According to my attorneys, they have to pay you retroactive to the date you applied. I suspect they are telling it like it is since that accruing nature of the benefit is how they get paid. They take a cut of that lump sum payment.

Is that how it went for you?

Hang in there my beloved simian friend ...

Err, infidel! (Inside family sick joke)

Even 'though you'd probably be much better off having come through the border illegally instead of being born here, and getting all your health care and legal problems attended to not only immediately, but also for free ...

Buck up pumpkin!

We are quickly turning into a "Banana Republic" and those delightful Ape staples, should be in plentiful supply!

Once again ... hang in there darlin', and good to see you back!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

So, Patriot, just out of curiosity, did they pay you for the time from when you filed and the date it was approved? According to my attorneys, they have to pay you retroactive to the date you applied. I suspect they are telling it like it is since that accruing nature of the benefit is how they get paid. They take a cut of that lump sum payment.

Is that how it went for you?

That is how it is supposed to work, but for me, I was living with my wife. So they take her monthly pay into consideration and after 2+ yrs seeing docs, taking tests I was awarded $1800.00 bucks. Didn't even cover the costs of all the tests I took to prove carpal tunnel, 10 bulged disks and COPD among other things. Had I been able to lie to them and say I was separated from my wife and living elsewhere the sum would have been closer to $14,000 or so. Whatever monthly fee they are going to reward you is retroactive from a specific date from when you started your claim.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.