Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    That is how it is supposed to work, but for me, I was living with my wife. So they take her monthly pay into consideration and after 2+ yrs seeing docs, taking tests I was awarded $1800.00 bucks. Didn't even cover the costs of all the tests I took to prove carpal tunnel, 10 bulged disks and COPD among other things. Had I been able to lie to them and say I was separated from my wife and living elsewhere the sum would have been closer to $14,000 or so. Whatever monthly fee they are going to reward you is retroactive from a specific date from when you started your claim.
    Damn! It sounds like you got screwed, my friend. SS and SSD are NOT means-tested programs. They should be IMO, but they currently are not, so your wife's income should have had no effect on your benefit. Someone lied to you, man. Did you use an attorney and, if you did, what did they say about that little supposed caveat in your benefit?

That sucks that you got ripped off that way. My government makes me sick at this point and I loath the direction in which my country is being misled.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Damn! It sounds like you got screwed, my friend. SS and SSD are NOT means-tested programs. They should be IMO, but they currently are not, so your wife's income should have had no effect on your benefit. Someone lied to you, man. Did you use an attorney and, if you did, what did they say about that little supposed caveat in your benefit?

That sucks that you got ripped off that way. My government makes me sick at this point and I loath the direction in which my country is being misled.
    It,s an ordeal that I have put behind me. And I did get pretty pissed at my counselor from The Disability Experts of Florida. All I got out of him is how they didn't make any money either. Wouldn't recommend them.
    Don't know what I would have done if I didn't get a job that I can work at home.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

That outfit sounds very shady to me, Pat. I think they probably ripped you off, but who cares at this point, right? It just sucks that we share this planet with animals who look like us.

I'll let you know how I fare, whatever decade we happen to be in, OK?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

No prob AA, praying that it works out for you. Seems everyone who don't deserve it gets it and the deserving are made to wait if they are okay-ed at all. I was actually turned down twice before they agreed that I was disabled. When dealing with Gov. entities, lying seems to work better than the truth!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I can believe it. The whole system is so corrupt. I was hesitant to even apply since I am ambivalent about such programs, but my wife convinced me that of anyone, I deserve the benefit so I agreed and we'll see where it goes. I am fairly confident that my attorneys will win my case, you shouldn't need to use a lawyer just to get what you supposedly deserve. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. At least I don't feel like the Lone Ranger anymore.

I can believe it. The whole system is so corrupt. I was hesitant to even apply since I am ambivalent about such programs, but my wife convinced me that of anyone, I deserve the benefit so I agreed and we'll see where it goes. I am fairly confident that my attorneys will win my case, you shouldn't need to use a lawyer just to get what you supposedly deserve. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. At least I don't feel like the Lone Ranger anymore.
    After SR's stroke, the doc said that he should apply for SS disability. Since his company had told him that if he didn't return to work within 2 weeks of the hemorrhagic stroke, we figured that it was a necessity. My many long years of selling to the feds was beneficial. I did all the paperwork myself and amazingly it was awarded at the stated time. There really wasn't much of an argument as it was medically justified, but have seen some cases that are so unfair.

Now one of his meds is so expensive that the neurologist suggested filing for a program that the drug company has to help. We said that we were sure that we didn't qualify, but they said to go ahead. What a waste of time. We were $3 over their limit. They rejected him 3x. I sort of lost it with them, said it doesn't pay to work all your life and then spend it all for things that those who didn't do much of anything get for free.

Agree with Ape, the system in our country is inside out. In our case it was strange that the government was easier and more fair than the drug company. I really wish that there was an alternative med, but the doc says there is none available other than the super expensive one.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    After SR's stroke, the doc said that he should apply for SS disability. Since his company had told him that if he didn't return to work within 2 weeks of the hemorrhagic stroke, we figured that it was a necessity. My many long years of selling to the feds was beneficial. I did all the paperwork myself and amazingly it was awarded at the stated time. There really wasn't much of an argument as it was medically justified, but have seen some cases that are so unfair.

Now one of his meds is so expensive that the neurologist suggested filing for a program that the drug company has to help. We said that we were sure that we didn't qualify, but they said to go ahead. What a waste of time. We were $3 over their limit. They rejected him 3x. I sort of lost it with them, said it doesn't pay to work all your life and then spend it all for things that those who didn't do much of anything get for free.

Agree with Ape, the system in our country is inside out. In our case it was strange that the government was easier and more fair than the drug company. I really wish that there was an alternative med, but the doc says there is none available other than the super expensive one.
    I think you should get in touch with a large local radio or TV or newspaper news dept and make a story out of your experience. If you can convince any or all of them to share the story, I bet you'll have that discount or even a gratis supply before long. The press can be a powerful ally. Seriously, try it.

Well, my friends and Rock, I am pleased to announce that the review the State of NJ SS Disability office did of my claim came back with an unexpected reversal of their previous denial and I received my first payment last week.

My attorneys were great about the whole thing, given this is one of those very rare cases where there are no back benefits for them to take a cut of. They made zip, but were very nice and said with cases like mine, where I was so severely screwed by the system, they're just happy to see me win. Damned decent attitude for lawyers.

In any event, while I am feeling less than swell physically and mentally, it is really nice to have this thing off of my tired shoulders.

Sorry for being so absent. I know how this place turns into a pigsty when I'm not around. One could even say the place goes to hell in a hand basket without my vast intellect and rapier wit to guide it to a state of shibumi.

I shit you not.

In any event, while I am feeling less than swell physically and mentally
    you eventually get used to being nuts, I have.

Sent from the barnyard using Tapatalk
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Well, my friends and Rock, I am pleased to announce that the review the State of NJ SS Disability office did of my claim came back with an unexpected reversal of their previous denial and I received my first payment last week

(Clip)

Sorry for being so absent. I know how this place turns into a pigsty when I'm not around. One could even say the place goes to hell in a hand basket without my vast intellect and rapier wit to guide it to a state of shibumi.

I shit you not.
    Am happy to hear the good news AA.

You are correct the place does indeed turn into a pigsty when you are not around!

State of "shibumi" huh? Trust that means something worthwhile ... as am too pooped out at the moment to look it up!
    American By Choice ~ 1980