1. #1 Navy SEAL McCabe Found Not Guilty 
    Navy SEAL McCabe Found Not Guilty
    by Michelle Oddis
    05/06/2010

NORFOLK, Va. – Navy SEAL Officer 2nd Class Matthew McCabe was found not guilty Thursday evening on charges of assaulting detained terrorist Ahmed Hashim Abed, dereliction of duty, and impeding an investigation based on a false statement.

A seven member military jury deliberated for an hour and forty minutes before reaching a verdict. For a verdict to be reached, two-thirds of the jury had to agree on each charge.

Upon hearing the verdict, McCabe's mother gasped, covering her mouth with her hands, while his father and sister smiled. McCabe and his counsel shared a few hugs and pats on the back. "I was trying not to cry," McCabe's mother later told HUMAN EVENTS.

Last month in courts martial in Baghdad, Petty Officers Julio Huertas and Jonathan Keefe, also Navy SEALs, were acquitted of charges that they failed to safeguard Abed. McCabe was the only SEAL charged with actual assault.
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36880

The left is now 0 for 3 on prosecuting service members for doing their duty.
    Last edited by bijou; 05-07-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

When I walked into the house late this afternoon my wife was cheering. It is still a shame these men had to put up with all this crap!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    I think we need to go after the prosecutors.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    The prosecutors were just doing their job. I'd like to see the commander explain why he ordered the prosecution. Was he pressured to do so by his chain of command? If so, where did the order originate? The improper use of command influence in order to harass subordinates is a serious charge, and if that influence came from the administration, that's something congress needs to investigate, after the 2010 election, obviously.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    About time, and a just verdict. Too bad their names had to be drug threw the mud, and discredited in the process.

Wonder how many libs will be crying fowl over this?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Banned
    What Odysseus said, the prosecutors have a job to do.

I'm just really happy these guys get to keep being the heroes they are and maintain their untarnished legal records.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The prosecutors were just doing their job. I'd like to see the commander explain why he ordered the prosecution. Was he pressured to do so by his chain of command? If so, where did the order originate? The improper use of command influence in order to harass subordinates is a serious charge, and if that influence came from the administration, that's something congress needs to investigate, after the 2010 election, obviously.
    I have 2 words for you; "Remember Tailhook". Congressional hearing were held and 15 to 20 top military officers were kicked out for a little grab ass and titty pinching took place. Their crime was covering it up.

We have many liberal haters of the military like Boxer, Fienstein, Murtha, etc that people in command from the top on down are scared shitless because of politicial correctness and these bastard politicians.

I hope there is an investigation after the Nov elections but I doubt it because the Repubs are just a bunch of pussies. I have no doubt that political pressure was entered into the equation to prosecute these three heroes. We would have been a hell of a lot better off had one of those planes on 9/11 hit the W.H. when Congress was in session rather than the Twin Towers. That just the way I feel when shit like this happens to our men in the Armed Services.

Mothman Murtha has bigger problems now.

I'd like to see the investigation now while the traitors have power. That way the investigators can add their malfeasance and obstruction to the list of wrong doing by these libertards.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Point taken. I should have said whoever is responsible for ordering the prosecution.

I stand corrected.

Point taken. I should have said whoever is responsible for ordering the prosecution.

I stand corrected.
    Well said. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that we will know where those orders came from without congressional investigation. We really do need to win back the house in 2010.
    --Odysseus