Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor arrested for rape, beating of 15 year old 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar

Former Giants great Lawrence Taylor was arrested Thursday in Rockland County in connection with the reported rape of a 15-year-old girl, sources said.

Taylor allegedly beat and sexually assaulted the girl and has been charged with third-degree rape, the Journal News was reporting.

He will be arraigned Thursday afternoon.

The alleged assault happened at a hotel in Montebello, N.Y., earlier Thursday.

Taylor was jailed a short time later, the Ramapo Police Department said in a brief statement.
    Details were scarce, but the town's police chief said more information would be provided at a 3 p.m. press conference.

Taylor, 51, played for the Giants from 1981 to 1993 and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1999.
    He also competed last year in ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

LINK
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Damn. I just watched a documentary on him and Tara something or other (Crackhead Miss America). I really thought LT had straightened up. I was giving him props for not being like that whiny Tara, who just couldn't deal with the stresses of being beautiful and not having to pull down a real job. LT was just like, I liked dope, so I smoked it.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    That's a shame. The girl was an underage prostitute but that does not excuse him. I would like to see the damn pimp serve about 20 years though.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That's a shame. The girl was an underage prostitute but that does not excuse him. I would like to see the damn pimp serve about 20 years though.
    allegedly beat and sexually assaulted the girl

alleged assault happened at a hotel

uh...give the man a chance. If he's guilty he'll get what's coming.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Rockland County is where my stupid cousin got popped for possession of ectasy, marijuana and $20,000 in cash. He also ended up getting a good deal, because the other dumbass in the car told the police my cousin didn't know about the drugs and cash.

I have no idea whether Taylor is guilty or innocent of the charges, but he should be able to get a fair trial in that part of New York. All I really know about the guy is that he played football and he had a long journey back from addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Rockland County is where my stupid cousin got popped for possession of ectasy, marijuana and $20,000 in cash. He also ended up getting a good deal, because the other dumbass in the car told the police my cousin didn't know about the drugs and cash.

I have no idea whether Taylor is guilty or innocent of the charges, but he should be able to get a fair trial in that part of New York. All I really know about the guy is that he played football and he had a long journey back from addiction.
    He didn't just play football. He revolutionized his position and the position of Left Tackle.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    He didn't just play football. He revolutionized his position and the position of Left Tackle.
    Still no excuse for raping and BEATING a 15 year old girl, despite her occupation. If this is true, I hope he doesn't get off because of his former football talent.

I know a former player with the San Diego Chargers. He's a friend of one of my sons. I greatly admire him. After football, he got a master's in counseling, works with kids and is a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He's also in his 50's, is African American. There's no excuse for LT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post

Football is man's business, not women's. I know what quarterbacks, running backs and receivers are. I only know what a defensive tackle is because I'm 5'10" and played powderpuff in high school. As I was taller than everyone else, what position do you think the guy coaches chose for me to play?

Hockey is a whole different matter, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Still no excuse for raping and BEATING a 15 year old girl, despite her occupation. If this is true, I hope he doesn't get off because of his former football talent.

I know a former player with the San Diego Chargers. He's a friend of one of my sons. I greatly admire him. After football, he got a master's in counseling, works with kids and is a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He's also in his 50's, is African American. There's no excuse for LT.
    No excuse. They need to throw away the key if he's guilty. Coddling athletes and famous people only does more harm to them than good.

Banned
    LT always had a screw loose. Made him a pretty good football player.