Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Riot breaks out in downtown Santa Cruz 
    SANTA CRUZ - A large group of protesters demonstrating at a May Day rally for worker's and immigrant rights downtown broke off into a riot vandalizing about a dozen businesses around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.
    Many in the group were carrying makeshift torches as they marched, breaking storefront windows and writing "anarchist graffiti" on buildings, according to Capt. Steve Clark. Many businesses sustained multiple broken windows including very large storefront windows at Urban Outfitters and The Rittenhouse building. Police believe at least 15 businesses suffered damage.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_149986...nclick_check=1
    Last edited by bijou; 05-03-2010 at 03:59 AM.

And anarchists always claim that they're not violent.

They call themselves anarchists but when you dig a bit deeper they are actually extremely Marxist and really your typical leftist. Now, please explain to me how dangerous the Tea Party's are again? I keep forgetting. MSNBC? Bueller? Anyone?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

If you listen to the MSM and the dems in congress - this is what the TEA Party rallies always turn into.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    They call themselves anarchists but when you dig a bit deeper they are actually extremely Marxist and really your typical leftist. Now, please explain to me how dangerous the Tea Party's are again? I keep forgetting. MSNBC? Bueller? Anyone?
    Plus, when you think about how a left-wing anarchist society could form, there's a certain about of coercion that would take place and in effect bring about a totalitarian state anyway. For instance, what happens when someone wants to practice capitalism? They either have to go along or get removed. Who does that? Whoever the community gets its orders from. As the commune gets bigger, there will be a greater pressure for more micro-management in every economic and social area in order to keep things "fair". This means a bureaucracy, and thus the anarchist community gives way to a communist community.

Of course, that's not to be confused with anarcho-capitalism, which is different from the traditional lines of anarchist thought.

How much merchandise did they steal from Urban Outfitters? That is where they would shop if they had jobs, after all.

Banned
    If the police would shoot a few of them, that looting would stop pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I agree. The police should start shooting back at least.

"In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I agree. The police should start shooting back at least.

I am a believer in extreme force; it works. After Katrina, the population of Baton Rouge almost doubled. The black Mayor announced on TV that these New Orleans thugs were not going to take over his city. City, State Police, Sheriff, etc patrolled downtown with shotguns. The black beauties got the message and we had little trouble. A few of them got their ass whipped. A couple of dirt bag cops from out of state reported the incidents to the Justice Dept. Nothing came of it but that is how you deal with rioters.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    It would also cause a lot more riots. Arrest them, try them, deport them if they dont belong here... dont kill them.