Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    That's because these people are animals. Look at their home countries. Name me a Latin American country that isn't a God forsaken shit hole. And who's government isn't so corrupt that it makes the Mafia look like a coffe klatch.
    and is that because of the color of their skin? Because the way you're presenting this it's because of the color of their skin and can't possibly have anything to do with the economics or politics or anything like that . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The point is that if a sign like that showed up at a Tea Party, the media would be all over it. If no sign like that was there, they'd make it up. But, when that sign appears at a pro-illegal immigration riot, the media ignores it (and the riot). I love how the AP reported that the May Day protests were "mostly peaceful," meaning that they were "somewhat violent." One never saw the word "peaceful" used in AP stories describing Tea Parties.
    well apparently the law breaking illegals are more sympathetic than are the law abiding Patriots. . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    and is that because of the color of their skin? Because the way you're presenting this it's because of the color of their skin and can't possibly have anything to do with the economics or politics or anything like that . . . .
    Instead of saying something this inane, dispute what I said. Is there a Latin American country that isn't a God forsaken shithole or isn't run by a dictator or some other corrupt form of government? Stop with the PC bullshit and look at the 800lb. gorilla in the room. Look at every God forsaken shithole in this world and tell me the racial makeup of those countries. Hell, look at our own country. What are the shitholes mostly? Urban areas. Shit, my own state: Newark, Camden, Jersey City, all predominantly minority. Hell, Camden has a population of 80,000+(80% of which is black/Hispanic) has the distinction of being the country's most dangerous city. Even more dangerous than L.A. or New York. So, there has got to be a correlation somewhere. I'm asking this in earnest. Why is this so? Why are the most violent gangs in this country black or Hispanic gangs? The Aryan Brotherhood has nothing on the Bloods and Crips and none has anything on MS-13. There has got to be a reason. There are poor white areas that aren't as bad as areas that are predominantly minority. But nobody wants to study this and even if they do, they're probably afraid of giving their findings because of PC bullshit.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If the police would shoot a few of them, that looting would stop pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If the police would shoot a few of them, that looting would stop pronto.
    Shoot a few of them and then they start shooting back. This is not a good precedence to set. Eventually every protest becomes a potential battle zone. If this is what you hope to accomplish then you will succeed. Instead of some broken windows and burnt cars you have scores of dead bodies along with more broken windows and more burnt cars.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The point is that if a sign like that showed up at a Tea Party, the media would be all over it. If no sign like that was there, they'd make it up. But, when that sign appears at a pro-illegal immigration riot, the media ignores it (and the riot). I love how the AP reported that the May Day protests were "mostly peaceful," meaning that they were "somewhat violent." One never saw the word "peaceful" used in AP stories describing Tea Parties.
    So what do you purpose to correct this?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Shoot a few of them and then they start shooting back. This is not a good precedence to set. Eventually every protest becomes a potential battle zone. If this is what you hope to accomplish then you will succeed. Instead of some broken windows and burnt cars you have scores of dead bodies along with more broken windows and more burnt cars.
    They are already shooting at our policemen. What, you want us to become like the pussies in France. All I am saying is meet violence with violence. Protest all you want. Destroy property and attack police at your own peril.

So what do you purpose to correct this?
    By getting it out there. Sending it to all news outlets. They are so quick to make shit up about the Tea Parties, it would be nice to send them something concrete about their side.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

When they shoot at our policeman and border patrol agents our police and border patrol already return fire. This doesn't happen often, but it's happening with more frequency these days. The escalation of violence isn't due to the defensive actions taken by our law enforcement and border patrol. I think it's due to the fact that the cartels are successfully bullying their own drug policies against the Mexican government and are beginning to think that level of bullying can be done here, against the U.S. Government and law enforcement. They are right that they can bully the meager U.S. border defenses into submission so long as Washington D.C. continues to ignore our border.

Most often, the human or drug traffickers run at the first sign of border patrol, and border patrol pursues if they feel like it. Mexicans still traffic drugs and people across the border because the probability of actually meeting any resistance along the 1,969 mile long border is very low. Thus the need for greater enforcement; numbers and area wise, not necessarily escalation of force wise. We need to increase the probability that illegals crossing the border will run into authorities, and allow the authorities to act appropriately if violence then ensues.

That's the point I think I was unsuccessfully trying to get across. I think my responses were kind of more acidic than I would have liked because I live in San Tan Valley, AZ. We don't have our own police department because we aren't even really a town. Our police needs are serviced by the Pinal County Sheriff's Department, and I have a very good relationship with the department, as well as several deputies I have come to know and respect. This department is understaffed and spread thin in this huge area, but they are good guys doing their best, and I have nothing but good things to say about Sheriff Babeu. To have Deputy Puroll involved in a 10 minute shootout with 5 drug smugglers, then shot all because a foreign cartel wanted to protect his merchandise really grates on my last nerve as far as the immigration debate is concerned. This happened less than 25 miles from my home.

Edit: Crap, I think I put this in the wrong thread, but it's still kind of pertinent anyway.
    Last edited by malloc; 05-04-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

If it were my broken window, you'd still have scores of dead bodies.

We had a riot in my hometown years ago. The blacks came through downtown tearing shit up. The local drug store wasn't touched. The pharmacist collected military grade weapons. When you have a big ass machine gun mounted on a tripod in the front parking lot, they tend to move on to the next store. Ralph set up shop and just watched them pass by.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad