Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I amazed my wife last night... 
    link

PCIntern Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun May-02-10 09:25 AM
    Original message
    I amazed my wife last night...

No...it's not what you're thinking...

We were glued to the C-Span coverage of the dinner, and I noticed that the President arose twice and left the dais prior to the start of the 'entertainment portion'. I said to my wife, "Something must be going on...this reminds me of Bush NOT getting up on 9/11 somehow..." She thought it strange as well...that if he'd had to go to the bathroom,he'd have finished the job the first time.

Guess I was right...
    Wow!! We have to give this president lots of kudos, back slaps and exclaim "He's so smart", cause "He chose not to get updates from the secret service or others while he was on display in front of a televised audience and a roomful of news people."

Not to mention the fact that Bush was reading to young children for 7 minutes from the time he was first informed to the time he left and then was able to be flown out of the area.

Obama was at this thing for what? an hour or two? And good for him, he got up to get updates instead of getting them in front of the whole world. The left sure has low expectations for their hero.
    malaise Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Sun May-02-10 09:35 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. I asked about it on the dinner thread

It was strange.
    PCIntern Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Sun May-02-10 09:44 AM
    Response to Reply #6
    7. If you mean Times Square Smoke, I'd have to agree.

He wasn't gonna sit there and do the equivalent reading of My Pet Goat while a potential catastrophe was unfolding...
    I guess since Obama has made such a mess of things when he does something they consider right, even if it is as inconsequential as this, they need to make a big deal of it.

the nation is under attack

My Pet Goat

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

My Pet Goat
    um...your a dumbass (nothing new there) but the first reports that they got was that it was a small single engine plane that crashed. he was informed, not much to be done. wasn't till the second plane hit that they realized what was going on.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

My Pet Goat
    Yeah. When the Nation is under attack the best thing for the Commander in Chief to do is to run screaming like a schoolgirl in front of a bunch of children.

Sonnabend

My Pet Goat
    ..and it would have done everyone the world of good for him to race out in a panic, as an alternative to staying put and waiting till he had enough information to do something

Not to mention the fact the Secret Service would be making preparations to ensure his safety on the way out and telling their principal "Stay put, sir, until we tell you"

You're an ignorant, useless piece of shit.

F.O.A.D.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 05-02-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    ..and it would have done everyone the world of good for him to race out in a panic, as an alternative to staying put and waiting till he had enough information to do something

Not to mention the fact the Secret service would be making preparations to ensure his safety on the way out and telling their principal "Stay put, sir, until we tell you"

You're an ignorant, useless piece of shit.

F.O.A.D.
    +1 Excellent post Sonna! :D

I think wee wee wee's favorite book has goats in it!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    +1 Excellent post Sonna! :D

I think wee wee wee's favorite book has goats in it!
    WeeWee:
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

When there's a national crisis there are two and only two possible courses of action:
    1. Read My Pet Goat.
    2. Totally meltdown and panic and scream with arms waving in the air.

"excuse me, I have to go, something has come up."

WHOAAAA NOWWWW.... we're not all fancy Ivy League Professors, we're not all philosophers, let's stop thjinking these radical thoughts and stay grounded in reality.

President Obama gets up twice in a couple hours...obviously to personally handle an emergency, we should all pat him on the back.

President Bush spends 7 minutes reading calimly to children before excusing himself, obviously he didn't react in the correct way, we should all castigate him for it.

OK....
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.