Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXIGP...layer_embedded

4 minute ass kick fest. The most amazing part? It was one entire cut. No editing, no breaks, one solid take from the start of the climb to the top of the stairs.

Tony Jaa was without a doubt my favorite movie Martial Artist. It absolutely stunned me when I found out he gave up acting to become a monk.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    4 minute ass kick fest. The most amazing part? It was one entire cut. No editing, no breaks, one solid take from the start of the climb to the top of the stairs.

Tony Jaa was without a doubt my favorite movie Martial Artist. It absolutely stunned me when I found out he gave up acting to become a monk.
    OMG, yes! How did I forget THIS one! Fantastic!
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    OMG, yes! How did I forget THIS one! Fantastic!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y2Am...ayer_embedded#!

That was an amazing scene as well. I loved how simplistic his fighting style is. Nothing fancy about it. Just sheer brutal ass beating.
    Last edited by djones520; 08-01-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Eh... I greatly prefer the space battle in Return of the Jedi.
    That one was too disjointed in my opinion, switching from the space battle to the ground team to Luke vs Dad. It broke the flow of it.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    That one was too disjointed in my opinion, switching from the space battle to the ground team to Luke vs Dad. It broke the flow of it.
    And despite being filmed 27 years ago is still one of the best looking space battles to ever grace TV. Not to mention it wasn't directed by a douche bag.

I would be very interested in a movie that focused on something like a mega-space battle. Much like the scene in Serenity, but lasting longer then just a couple of minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX0IX...eature=related
    Last edited by djones520; 08-01-2010 at 07:09 PM.

And despite being filmed 27 years ago is still one of the best looking space battles to ever grace TV. Not to mention it wasn't directed by a douche bag.
    Babylon 5's space battles looked much better than the ones in Jedi.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Babylon 5's space battles looked much better than the ones in Jedi.
    Babylon 5 was shoddy CGI. Didn't even come close to looking real. Jedi didn't have that problem.

That was an amazing scene as well. I loved how simplistic his fighting style is. Nothing fancy about it. Just sheer brutal ass beating.
    Ong Bak 2 actually has even more amazing fight choreography, if you can believe it. Tony Jaa has taken it to a new level.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Ong Bak 2 actually has even more amazing fight choreography, if you can believe it. Tony Jaa has taken it to a new level.
    Eh... Ong Bok 2 was just a horrible movie. I do agree there was some amazing fighting in it, but the movie was so abysmally bad I had to force myself to sit through it.

And I don't recall any part of it where he flies through the air for 10 feet to double knee a guy in the face. WITHOUT WIRES!

I have to disagree with you on this. The best space sequence in a movie I've seen was the opening to Episode 3 and the Battle of Coruscant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cU0BYXlTuI
    Oh yes it's very good, but the asteroid chase sort of set the bar for everything that followed IMO. That and the opening shot of epsode IV and of course the escape from the Death star in IV.

Computers can do anything which is why I don't get as riveted as when I saw these effects in 1980
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor