Thread: Movie Scenes That Had You Riveted

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Eh... Ong Bok 2 was just a horrible movie. I do agree there was some amazing fighting in it, but the movie was so abysmally bad I had to force myself to sit through it.

And I don't recall any part of it where he flies through the air for 10 feet to double knee a guy in the face. WITHOUT WIRES!
    He does. But, I agree that the movie as a whole is your typical chop-socky MA tripe of a plot. The choreography is pretty damned amazing though.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

I have yet to see Ong Bak 3. I must order it I guess. It will probably be as bad as 2, but I need every bit of excitement I can get in this boring hell hole.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I have yet to see Ong Bak 3. I must order it I guess. It will probably be as bad as 2, but I need every bit of excitement I can get in this boring hell hole.

Sorry to drag up an old topic again (I do that a lot, I really should start checking all the forums more often), but here are a few that do it for me which haven't yet been mentioned here as far as I know, in no particular order (Long, spoilerific post ahead):
    1. The climactic duel between Benjamin Martin and Colonel Tavington, 'The Patriot.' Tavington was such a genuinely evil villain who you truly wanted to see go down for good for all the twisted things he did, and Martin had been gunning for him all throughout the movie, so you knew they'd have to have a big confrontation, and the movie didn't disappoint. Their fight kept me completely glued to the screen, what little dialogue you hear is flawless in its delivery by Mel Gibson and Jason Isaacs, and when Tavington was killed in it, it took every ounce of restraint to keep me from jumping up and cheering in the theater.
    2. Dr. Octavius first turning evil and becoming Dr. Octopus, 'Spider- Man 2.' The whole scene is a perfect picture of how even good men (And as we had seen of him earlier in the film, Dr. Octavius was indeed a good man) can be driven to commit/ rationalize evil deeds. The music suited the scene well, the tentacles clicking and whirring were appropriately menacing and made them truly appear to have a mind of their own, and Alfred Molina's performance could not have been better. That scene alone is proof of why Doc Ock was easily my favorite villain in the Spidey films.
    3. The "exorcism" of King Theoden, 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.' Wonderful music, wonderful performances from all actors, wonderful makeup effects, but it's Theoden himself that really makes this scene. Upon my first viewing of the movie in the theaters, I remember earlier in the film, feeling upset/ disappointed at how ancient and frail Theoden looked while under Saruman's spell. I mean, yeah, he's old in the books too, but he can still kick some orc butt when he has to. So, then, that made it that much more enjoyable when Gandalf saves Theoden by freeing him from Saruman's influence, which revives the king physically, mentally, and spiritually. When I first saw Theoden's face losing its wrinkles and regaining its strength/ youth as the spell was broken, I remember smiling in the theater and thinking to myself, "Yeah, THAT'S Theoden, THAT'S what he's supposed to be like!" Then, his joyous reactions to Gandalf and Eowyn and furious reaction to Wormtongue were brilliant. Probably my favorite moment in the LOTR series.
    4. The torture/ rescue scene, from 'Kick- Ass.' This scene took me on a full range of emotions. At the start, when the Mafia thugs are gleefully beating and torturing a tied- up Kick- Ass and Big Daddy and having the whole thing broadcast live over the Internet, I felt immense rage over the sadism and barbarism the thugs (Particularly the one narrating the broadcast) were showing, coupled with an immense feeling of helplessness from seeing all the people (Including Kick- Ass's father, friends, and girlfriend) watching it online, their fear and concern rubbing off onto the audience. Then, just as the two heroes are about to be burned alive, Hit Girl finally steps in and begins slaughtering all the gangsters in the building in a brilliantly- staged action sequence which had me riveted with excitement, as well as relief that she was alive. Having Big Daddy shouting out battle strategies to her even as he burns was a nice touch. Then, when the fighting is done and Big Daddy is dying, you genuinely feel for Hit Girl as she tearfully says goodbye to her father, reminding us that, as strong and determined as Hit Girl is, she's still a little girl who knows she's losing the most important person in her world.
    5. The entire Battle of Beruna from 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.' It starts up excellently, with the opening charge (And seeing in that moment Peter lowering the facemask on his armor and Oreius the centaur next to him sweeping out a sword in each hand without either of them faltering in their charge drove home that this is serious and the kid gloves have officially been taken off) and the initial fighting with all the various Narnians joining in. However, what truly has me on the edge of my seat is the last 1/3rd or so of the battle, as I noted in another CU thread a coupel years ago: First, there's the very well- styled duel between Peter and the White Witch. Then, just as the Witch has Peter down and is about to kill him, we hear Aslan's mighty roar, and see the expression of sheer terror on the Witch's face as the noble Lion she thought was dead and gone is alive again and leading a huge army of formerly- petrified Narnians charging into battle! I was grinning ear to ear at that part! Then, Aslan vanquishes the Witch and softly says, "It is finished." The scene honestly could not have been made any better.

5. #95 Cop Land - bridge scene 

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Yea - half truths. The best part of the movie was when he realized it was all fucking lies. That people are the same no matter what color their skin is.
    Even though Poli is no longer here, I need to comment on this. In the scene in question, take away Vinyard's referring to Rodney King as a "monkey" and other bigoted terms, what he says is 100% correct. The producers thought themselves clever trying to portray Vinyard and his goofy friends as backwards thinking conservatives but what he says in the scene in question is spot on. Liberals go out of their way to excuse and explain away crime and the high crime rate among blacks instead of holding a culture responsible for it's own actions. When Murray(Elliot Gould) talks about Jews and antisemitism, what he(and the writers/producers) fail to realize is that the Jewish community would never tolerate the same level of crime in their community let alone claim it to be some sort of lashing out because of antisemitism. Not to mention that Jews have been able to rise up the socio-economic ladder to attain great points of power while the American black community is still hovering near the bottom with very few exceptions. As a whole, they are still claiming themselves to be victims and play that card at every turn when the fact remains, they are holding themselves back on the socio-evolutionary scale. Calling people who bring this to light racists and such doesn't make the point untrue. Even in the movie itself, the scene that led to Vinyard killing the thug, the thugs brought it all on themselves by trashing his truck over a stupid basketball game. Yes, Vinyard came to believe that all in all we're all just people and that what color or race you're born with plays no part in who's an animal or not, it's the culture that breeds the behavior. Shame is when other blacks try to point this out, they are shunned and ridiculed by their own.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Sorry the sound is so horrible.

This was a powerful scene.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor