Thread: Movie Scenes That Had You Riveted

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius 
    [youtube]mvAbGbFYAuk&feature=related[/youtube]

"Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'm a Trekkie so I ain't mad. :D
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Love him or hate him. You have to see some truth in this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEtN0-vF90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMkN8...eature=related
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 05-07-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

One of the best scenes ever on T.V. was from Starz's original series Spartacus season finally where Crixus realizes that Lucretia set him up to lose against Spartacus, and offers his shield for Spartacus to spring board into the massacre from the pit. Wow! I wouldn't have left my couch if it caught fire at that moment. I wish I could find a youtube.

Other FANTASTIC scenes.

Achilles Vs. Hector from Troy
    [youtube]2Glly5JA5h0[/youtube]

I can't find an applicable youtube for my final favorite scene, but it comes from Kingdom of Heaven, which is one of the best movies ever made IMNSFHO. The scene I'm referring to is when Balian de Ibelin leads his cavalry against the forces of Sarasin to buy time for the peasants to make it back into the walls. That was another fantastic scene.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Pretty Much ALL of L.A. Confidential, but the scene where Ecksley (Guy Pierce) is interrogating the young black guys and it becomes apparant that they have a kidnapped girl stashed somewhere.

Russell Crowe's Bud White character is there doing this slow burn, leaning forward gripping the top of a sturdy wooden office chair as Ecklsey scurries back and forth between interrogation rooms. He fumes and fumes and finally the chair crumbles and splinters in his fingers and he charges in and gets the answers he needs in about 5 seconds playing Russian Roullette with one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Love him or hate him. You have to see some truth in this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEtN0-vF90
    Yea - half truths. The best part of the movie was when he realized it was all fucking lies. That people are the same no matter what color their skin is.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    The scene I'm referring to is when Balian de Ibelin leads his cavalry against the forces of Sarasin to buy time for the peasants to make it back into the walls. That was another fantastic scene.
    I remember that scene. There was a camera shot from a distance that showed how outnumbered Balain was yet he and his men charged headlong into a superior force. That was for all intents and purposes a Christian movie. I loved it.