Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Man, and I thought that I was cynical. Take a chill pill. I think that conservative blacks finding a voice is nothing less than fucking awesome and is the Democratic Party's worst nightmare. The Dems have kept blacks in this country a lower class because that is how Southern Democrats kept them until Republicans brought them kicking and screaming back to the Declaration of Independence.

Will some elected blacks choose to segregate themselves into the Black Caucus? Yeah, probably some will. But it's those in Congress that caucus with the People that are going to have the power very soon. November is closing in and it will be a month that decides whether America, as we have all known it, continues or whether her best days have gone by.
    "Chill?" What was "Hot" about my statement. I stand by it. If the majority of them are elected as Conservatives, great, awesome, yee haa. If they join the CBC, they are frauds.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    "Chill?" What was "Hot" about my statement. I stand by it. If the majority of them are elected as Conservatives, great, awesome, yee haa. If they join the CBC, they are frauds.
    You can't turn a ship while standing on the shore. The same goes for any organization.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

The truth will out. I will see if they join the Congreaaional Black Caucus. It is based on the color of skin. If they join this racist group, they are in it for personal glory and race.
    This is politics. You don't have to agree with an organizations positions to join it. Sometimes you join to work at their destruction from within. :) Imagine - they could be a terrific source of leaks and they could be a dissenting voice from within.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    This is politics. You don't have to agree with an organizations positions to join it. Sometimes you join to work at their destruction from within. :) Imagine - they could be a terrific source of leaks and they could be a dissenting voice from within.
    I don't think that the Democratic Black Caucus would welcome black Repubs in their liberal group with open arms. We will see what happens if any get elected in the House of Represenatives. BTW, I am not that gung ho about electing Repubs; I want conservatives and the color of their skin does not mean shit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I don't think that the Democratic Black Caucus would welcome black Repubs in their liberal group with open arms.
    An excellent point, Lacarnut. I think that, at the end of the day, what you are suggesting is probably the reality. As such, this reality will be just another finger pointing at the hypocrisy that the Black Caucus represents. The more black conservatives we can get elected, the more organizations like this that use race as a political aegis will be hoist by their own petards.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 05-06-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

I don't think that the Democratic Black Caucus would welcome black Repubs in their liberal group with open arms. We will see what happens if any get elected in the House of Represenatives. BTW, I am not that gung ho about electing Repubs; I want conservatives and the color of their skin does not mean shit to me.
    All the more reason why they should apply for membership. :) I would reveal them for the bigots that they truly are. Was Watts a member of the CBC?

Banned
    All the more reason why they should apply for membership. :) I would reveal them for the bigots that they truly are. Was Watts a member of the CBC?
    Nope but did he not vote for Obama?

I am like AmPat. I have reservation about blacks that are conservatives because when push comes to shove blacks like Gen. Powell vote for their black brethern even though their politicial ideals are miles apart.

I am like AmPat. I have reservation about blacks that are conservatives because when push comes to shove blacks like Gen. Powell vote for their black brethern even though their politicial ideals are miles apart.
    I have no idea for whom Watts voted. Did he ever make a statement of support for Obama?

Banned
    I have no idea for whom Watts voted. Did he ever make a statement of support for Obama?
    He said he was thinking about it. He also said he was against affirminative action and then changed his mind after he left Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    This story came out in DUmmyville recently, and they're apoplectic. But they're mostly sticking to calling any black Republican an "Uncle Tom".
    Typical. Can't have them leaving the Democratic plantation, now can they?
    The truth will out. I will see if they join the Congreaaional Black Caucus. It is based on the color of skin. If they join this racist group, they are in it for personal glory and race.
    I'd be surprised if they were allowed to join. the CBC is highly partisan and having black conservatives in it would drive the Democrats batty. Imagine a group of conservative black Republicans getting in the faces of Maxine Waters, John Lewis and Charlie Rangel in their sanctum sanctorum.
    From Wikipedia: Watts said of his refusal to join the caucus, "...they said that I had sold out and Uncle Tom. And I said well, they deserve to have that view. But I have my thoughts. And I think they're race-hustling poverty pimps."

The man had style... :D

Except Powell was never a conservative. And Watts only said that he was considering voting for Obama because he felt that Republicans had failed to make any inroads in the black community. Ultimately, he contributed to John McCain's campaign, and not Obama's.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 05-07-2010 at 01:23 AM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!