Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Police shoot dogs in front of children during a raid, confiscated 1 gram of marijuana 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc

There's been talk all over the internet about this.

Apparently there were 2 dogs (rumors have it that one was in a cage, but I haven't seen any verification for this), one pit bull and one corgi.

SWAT busted down the door of this house, shot and killed the pit bull that was barking, and also shot a corgi, which did not die but rather flopped around with a bullet wound all while wife and children were cowering in the corner.

The reason for this raid: Marijuana possession. The police searched and confiscated one marijuana pipe and one gram of marijuana.

The man was charged with paraphernalia, marijuana possession, and 2nd degree child endangerment because the marijuana was in the same house as the children (consider how many children live in homes with cigarettes, beer, wine, or liquor).

Consider the effect this will have on this man, consider the trauma this will cause to the children, and consider the amount of money spent to obtain a warrant and conduct this raid. All for one gram of weed.

Break down the door of a family home at night, rush in with a team of people in SWAT gear, open fire right in front of a 7 year old, kill the family dogs, and charge the man with "2nd degree child endangerment", which is classified as actions which may cause emotional or mental harm to a child.

Meanwhile, 14 states have already legalized medicinal marijuana.

There's no other way to put this, that's fucked up.

Sonnabend
    There's been talk all over the internet about this.
    Sure there has been.

Why was there a raid? Could it be because the guy has PRIORS and in fact the raid was in regards to OTHER felonies?

You post this bullshit youtube video and ignore:

The dogs were shot because in past experience dogs in major league drug houses, which this one was suspected to be, train their dogs to attack cops

Dead dog or injured cop? Shoot the dog.

A Pit bull? Is a dangerous animal with a massive history of maimings and deaths to its name. Cop here recently shot one that killed a toddler out in the street.

Guess what Wee Wee you fucked up...AGAIN

The chief, who is personally conducting the internal investigation, walked reporters through his understanding of the incident. Three officers shot at the pit bull, and the first missed completely, which is when the corgi is believed to have been shot in the paw, he said. The pit bull acted aggressively toward a SWAT member again as they pushed into the home, which resulted in the animal being shot, he said. After being shot, it moved to attack a SWAT member, which is when the dog was killed.
    and this

Investigators believed Whitworth was in possession of a large amount of marijuana and was considered a distributor.
    There's no other way to put this, that's fucked up.
    Yes there is. Don't do illegal drugs. Don't smoke them, don't possess them, don't associate with those who do.

Simple.

consider how many children live in homes with cigarettes, beer, wine, or liquor).
    ...which are all legal.

Marijuana is not.

Meanwhile, 14 states have already legalized medicinal marijuana.
    Then maybe he should have moved to one of those states.

Consider the effect this will have on this man, consider the trauma this will cause to the children, and consider the amount of money spent to obtain a warrant and conduct this raid
    Cry me a fucking river.

Consider instead the damage and trauma to a family whose cop father and husband is severely injured by one of those thuggish animals.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 05-07-2010 at 05:22 AM.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Let's give the government MORE power!!!!!!!! Right Wei!????

I think it's a total waste of taxpayer's money to prosecute this guy, especially considering how small the amount of marijuana involved was.

I'm not going to be so judgmental about the cops shooting the dogs, when they shouldn't have been raiding the house to begin with. Shooting dogs goes with the territory for police-they have to protect themselves. I wonder how good of a case the cops/prosecutor made to get a warrant to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think it's a total waste of taxpayer's money to prosecute this guy, especially considering how small the amount of marijuana involved was.

I'm not going to be so judgmental about the cops shooting the dogs, when they shouldn't have been raiding the house to begin with. Shooting dogs goes with the territory for police-they have to protect themselves. I wonder how good of a case the cops/prosecutor made to get a warrant to begin with.
    I agree.

The police do make mistakes once in a while or the guy might of knew this was about to happen and moved his stash. We don't know the whole story.

I know of a raid that cost a police dept about $8000 in overtime pay to only find a "roach" in a girls purse that did not even live in the house! The lady was a mother figure to alot of kids in the neighborhood and had alot of traffic in and out of her house. The neighbors & a church in the area just asssumed she was a drug dealer and complained to the cops...

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I agree.

The police do make mistakes once in a while or the guy might of knew this was about to happen and moved his stash. We don't know the whole story.

I know of a raid that cost a police dept about $8000 in overtime pay to only find a "roach" in a girls purse that did not even live in the house! The lady was a mother figure to alot of kids in the neighborhood and had alot of traffic in and out of her house. The neighbors & a church in the area just asssumed she was a drug dealer and complained to the cops...

The cops raided her house based only on reports from neighbors?

I guess every state has different laws about such things. I just remember when I would call the Detroit Police about the crack house across the street, they told me that they couldn't raid the house until they had successfully made an undercover buy. Or maybe that's what the judges here require to issue a warrant.

Sonnabend
    I wonder how good of a case the cops/prosecutor made to get a warrant to begin with.
    Ask the judge that issued it. Wee Wee has a large problem with authority, and what makes me laugh is that he lives in TEXAS and is big on "gun control".

I imagine he is screaming at the authoritarian neofascist running dog fellow traveler cops..yet when the bottom line is that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens makes for LESS crime, he is strangely silent.

I come from a family of cops, and I have seen firsthand the mayhem one of those animals can cause. Glad they shot it, hope it's dead.

And as I said, if this fool hadn't been using illegal drugs in his home to start with, hadnt obviously been seen in the presence of dealers, hadnt obviously associated with druggies, then there would have been no raid.

Marijuana is illegal. Use it and get arrested, tough shit. I also note that the investigation pointed to him being a distributor...gee, I wonder WHY that might have been?

The warrant was issued on suspicion of him being a dealer, which means he had been under surveillance for some time. I am also curious if anyone can tell if this guy had a record? Previous drug offences?

What did this guy do to attract this kind of attention, I wonder.

Wee Wee wants drugs legalised, and it wouldnt surprise me if this wish didnt include ice, meth, amphetamines, cocaine and other "fun" phamaceuticals.

I also wonder what he would have said had a cop had his or her arm torn off by one of those animals. Celebrate, probably.