Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    A criminal breaking into your house is one thing. Cops coming in doing their job is another.
    When someone kicks in your door, the dogs is doing his job.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

A criminal breaking into your house is one thing. Cops coming in doing their job is another.
    How does the dog know the difference?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Hey if Mommy and Daddy wreren't smoking dope the kiddies would still have their pets. Sucks to be them.

Sucks to be you also Wei. :)

True.

I love the "IT'S THE LAW FOLLOW IT, ANY PUNISHMENT IS JUSTIFIED BECAUSE IT'S THE LAW"

I guess we shoudln't be hearing any more people complaining about the Health Care Bill or the new Mandate, because IT IS THE LAW.

Using money and resources, violence and weapons, and imposing sentances on people for MARIJUANA is ridiculous.

Not all drugs should be legal, the harms of the drug should be weight against the harms of the criminalization of the drug (both prohibition and drugs cause problems, the issue is how much of a problem these cause relative to each other)

In the case of marijuana, it's a no brainer. Methamphetamine, Heroin, Crack, these are different stories.

You kick down the front door of a house, of course the dog is going to act up and bark, hell it's a dog. I understand sometimes when a dog is going attack an officer this is necessary, but still...

I love dogs, people may argue that the pit bull was "acting aggressive", but what about the Corgi?

Oh wow I can just imagine a vicious deadly corgi harming a team of SWAT officers in full gear.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...ry-is-ongoing/

SWAT team members encountered a pit bull upon entry, held back and then fatally shot the dog, police say. Officers said the dog was acting in an uncontrollably aggressive manner. A video of the raid shows that a shot was fired upon entry, but the pit bull was not wounded until later.
    What the fuck was this first shot then for? You bust open a home with children in it and start opening fire?

Poor intelligence, poor information, poor judgment, and no doubt a lot of money was spent to conduct this raid, and for what? So a guy wouldn't smoke a joint and watch Family Guy?

For the love of God...

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    My housing unit in the prison I work is a drug treatment unit. Every single one of them who has a dog, that dog is a pitbull. There is a reason for this. The dog, when trained to do so, is an extremely dangerous weapon. Send the dog after the cops and anyone who has been bit by even a chihuahua knows that when a dog means business, it's bite hurts like hell. Imagine a dog who bites like a vice and holds on just as tight. And the bigger aspect is that, as was said, until the law changes, weed is against the law. It is against the low to possess it, buy it, sell it, and grow it. Do this for a living and suffer the consequences. And perhaps wee wee doesn't see a problem with dealing drugs in front of children.
    Many things are against the law. Jaywalking is against the law. Loitering is against the law. Not carrying your prescription medication in it's proper bottle from the pharmacy is against the law.

The question is: Does the punishment fit the crime? Does the enforcement actions fit the crime?

Using a can of Air Freshener to de-stink a shirt that you don't have time to wash is technically against the law (using such a product in a way not according to the usage on the label), should we begin conducting raids and shooting animals for that?

Should states be spending millions of dollars to enforce that?

This is straight up stupidity.

Getting drunk in your home is perfectly legal but an alcoholic parent who is wasted on liquor every night is BY FAR a greater danger to a child than a parent who smokes a joint after work. Anyone who's been exposed to these drugs knows this is obvious.

I saw a video posted the other day of someone demonstrating Obama's fiscal policies and in that video they cut a penny into 4 pieces. That is against the law. Should we send SWAT over to his house?

Jesus watch the video and listen to the number of shots that are fired. These are trained professionals, experts with firearms, how many shots does it take to down 1 dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    When someone kicks in your door, the dogs is doing his job.
    Yup. And when he ends up dead for trying to bite a cop - tough titties.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Hey if Mommy and Daddy wreren't smoking dope the kiddies would still have their pets. Sucks to be them.

Sucks to be you also Wei. :)
    I was pretty much thinking the same thing. If you don't engage in criminal activities the chances of a cop breaking down your door are slim to none.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.