Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I love the "IT'S THE LAW FOLLOW IT, ANY PUNISHMENT IS JUSTIFIED BECAUSE IT'S THE LAW"

I guess we shoudln't be hearing any more people complaining about the Health Care Bill or the new Mandate, because IT IS THE LAW.
    Why are you still breathing?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I like how wee wee compares one off instances to habitual disreguard for the law. I also like how wee wee is still assuming that it's the cops in the wrong here without even half the facts of the story - just some grainy video. For all we know - this was staged.

I saw a video posted the other day of someone demonstrating Obama's fiscal policies and in that video they cut a penny into 4 pieces. That is against the law. Should we send SWAT over to his house?

Jesus watch the video and listen to the number of shots that are fired. These are trained professionals, experts with firearms, how many shots does it take to down 1 dog?
    Lets put you in 40 pounds of equipment give you a shot of adrenalin, stick you in narrow quarters have people making a shitload of noise around you and then turn a dog loose on you and see how many shots it takes YOU to bring it down.

Jesus watch the video and listen to the number of shots that are fired. These are trained professionals, experts with firearms, how many shots does it take to down 1 dog?
    Someone has clearly never tried to shoot an erratically moving target.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I was pretty much thinking the same thing. If you don't engage in criminal activities the chances of a cop breaking down your door are slim to none.
    Just another senseless act of violence perpetrated by a liberal drug culture. Breaks the heart donnit?

Dick-head just wants to vent his spleen and get his ya-ya's off proving how much smarter than conservatives he is. Which probably means something happened at work or school or wherever that reminded him what an ineffectual bitch he is in RL. :D

Someone has clearly never tried to shoot an erratically moving target.
    He's probably one of those clueless halfwits who get pissy that the police don't shoot guns out of peoples hands like they do in the movies he watches to gather his technical database on masculine behaivior.

I was pretty much thinking the same thing. If you don't engage in criminal activities the chances of a cop breaking down your door are slim to none.
    Slim yes, but far from impossible. No knock warrants gone awry are somewhat common in this country. From executing no knock warrants on the testimony of crack head eyewitnesses who may have gotten some details wrong, to getting the wrong address on a warrant, these problems do happen.

The common scenario goes something like this: A homeowner is asleep in bed at 02:00 in the morning. The police arrive and yell, "Police! Search warrant!" and break down the door. The homeowner being asleep heard only the door break down, so he wakes with a start and rushes down the stairs or whatever with a flashlight and a shotgun. At this point, one or two things happen. An officer gets shot followed by the homeowner, or the homeowner gets shot before he has a chance to fire. Either way, a simple clerical mistake leads to an innocent man, and possibly an officer dying. However, I can't think of anything I'd do differently. If someone is breaking into my home I have a duty to defend my family, and the if I take the time and exposure to figure out if it is some sort of mistaken police raid, I may fail that duty.

The frequency of these type of occurrences is alarming.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1129/p03s03-ussc.html
    http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...toryid=490039#

I could Google some more and come up with hundreds of examples.

Here are some other opinions on the subject:

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6344
    http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php?nam...=visit&lid=167

To put no knock warrants into perspective, the frequency of no knock warrants being served in error is low compared to total no knock warrants served. However, when mistakes are made, no knock warrants most likely end in injury or fatalities, and that's a big issue.

This is one of the reasons I'm against prohibition. I'm not the only conservative in the world to be against the war on drugs either: http://old.nationalreview.com/12feb96/drug.html

However, if we want to continue this failed War on Drugs, we should at least reform the no knock portions and require a minimum amount of surveillance, and a standard higher than probable cause. The outcome will only save the lives of innocents and police officers. The drug dealers will continue to deal unaware that they are being watched. If a few slip through the cracks, then fine, let them slip through. I'd rather let 20 drug dealers get away with it for now, than have one homeowner or officer shot over a clerical error.

Not to mention, nearly half of my old platoon are now police officers in different PDs and SOs in my area, and all of them think this drug war is a big waste of their time. Their opinion may not mean much to you guys, but as my friends, their opinion definitely affects mine.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Sonnabend
    What do we have here.....

As for Whitworth — who pleaded guilty on April 20 to a misdemeanor charge of unlawful use of drug paraphernalia and was fined $300 — Burton said a federal drug conviction and a history of combative arrests prompted the use of heavy police force. Burton regretted the department waited so long to execute the warrant.
    Well well....looks like I was right.

I love the "IT'S THE LAW FOLLOW IT, ANY PUNISHMENT IS JUSTIFIED BECAUSE IT'S THE LAW"

I guess we shoudln't be hearing any more people complaining about the Health Care Bill or the new Mandate, because IT IS THE LAW.
    How is breaking a law the same as opposition to an entitlement program? Is opposition against the law now?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand