1. #1 Oblivion: anyone playing this? 
    Sonnabend
    I grabbed it a while back and have only recently had time to play it...the scenery is great, the night sky montages are magnificent (that massive planet in close orbit at night is really something)

Using a battlemage at the moment, between swordplay and some of the more useful spells...Bethesda did a hell of a job.

The main part is part finished and I've headed off to do the Knights of the Nine arc...finding those damned wayshrines was a pain in the ass.

Damn, is it fun.

Fallout 3 New Vegas is due soon, and I am hoping that they have made this one quality..Fallout 3 was fantastic. Stand on the crossbridge between Our Lady of Hope Hospital and the Statesman Hotel at night....eerie and sad. The sound of the wind howling through the empty streets was haunting.

BTW: If you get the Point Lookout add on for FO3, you'll notice that someone at Bethesda hates Cabbage Patch dolls :D
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 05-08-2010 at 11:02 PM.

Bought it as soon as it came out a few years back. Great game. The whole series has been great as far as I'm aware. I've only played TES 3 and 4.

Rumors have it that the next installment will be an MMO based type of game.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Sonnabend
    I have Morrowind and will reinstall it...couldn't get into that one at first. I have Bloodmoon and Tribunal add ons. Only issues with Morrowind was the music. It sucked.

I do have BG and other RPG's (not TES, but interesting) but I cant get into that isometric gameplay and the interface is clunky as well.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    i played it a while ago, there has been some rumor that they are making an MMO of the game...but if you love that, try Dragon Age: Origins it's just as good and just as big of a world

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    i played it a while ago, there has been some rumor that they are making an MMO of the game...but if you love that, try Dragon Age: Origins it's just as good and just as big of a world
    Eh... Dragon Age was a lot more linear. Not nearly as much free reign as TES games grant you. I don't think I've played a RPG asides from FF7 or Baldur's Gate that really allowed as much free reign as Morrowind and Oblivion offer you.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Eh... Dragon Age was a lot more linear. Not nearly as much free reign as TES games grant you. I don't think I've played a RPG asides from FF7 or Baldur's Gate that really allowed as much free reign as Morrowind and Oblivion offer you.
    I have Dragon Age Origins and find it to be a great game. It's the first game that I have bought in a long time. I quit playing computer games because I have an addictive personality and I spend way too much time playing them.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    it is a bit more linear, but it still gives you a lot of freedom compared to some games. I like it