Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What is your solution to stopping the oil gusher? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    O.M.G. :eek: If this thread isn't an example of infantile thinking...

kentuck (1000+ posts) Sat May-08-10 06:26 PM
    Original message What is your solution to stopping the oil gusher?

In my opinion, rather than putting a 90-ton cylinder over the gusher, they should simply drop a 100-ton of huge boulders on the gusher. Maybe they will have to put a 1000-tons of boulders over the gusher?

However, I do not think there is a way to save the oil. They should try to cover it up and stop the gusher, in my opinion. Start hauling 100-tons of boulder out to the gusher and dump them on the ocean floor. That is my idea. Any others?
    Incredible...and they wonder why we make fun of them.
    May the FORCE be with you!

We should tell the liberals that they need to offer themselves to be used as plugs to stop the flow and then stuff them into the well head until the flow stops or you run out of liberals.

tularetom (1000+ posts) Sat May-08-10 06:35 PM
    Response to Original message
    18. Nuke it
    Isn't that the American solution to any problem?
    Yes. Yes it is. We've dropped so many in the last 60+ years that I have lost count. That last I heard we dropped eleventybillion nukes around the world. Ass.
    Sebastian Doyle (1000+ posts) Sat May-08-10 06:35 PM

16. Throw the oil executives down the hole, one by one, until the leak stops.

Then move on to Sarah Palin and every other Repuke politician that shilled for "Drill Baby Drill" (including Landrieu, Salazar, and all other DLC'ers who are guilty)
    Good idea because everyone knows it fairies and pixie dust that produces the energy for you to run your VW Bus.

Banned
    My degree is in geology and I put it to good use in the oil fields of for years before enlisting. I consulted on many a drill site and was on hand when we had blowouts and had to call in Boots and Coots or Red Adair in. I have no idea how how to tackle the mess in the Gulf other than drilling another hole next to it and capping it with cement but that would take months. I doubt that the DUmmies could come up with anything better.

I'm trying to construct a few models of the solution ideas that I have, but I'm having trouble finding quality chicken wire. Seems some DUers have purchased it all.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I'm trying to construct a few models of the solution ideas that I have, but I'm having trouble finding quality chicken wire. Seems some DUers have purchased it all.

There are a lot of kids over there. kentuck is one. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    My degree is in geology and I put it to good use in the oil fields of for years before enlisting. I consulted on many a drill site and was on hand when we had blowouts and had to call in Boots and Coots or Red Adair in. I have no idea how how to tackle the mess in the Gulf other than drilling another hole next to it and capping it with cement but that would take months. I doubt that the DUmmies could come up with anything better.

Why am I not surprised you have expertise in this subject as well (including a degree)

Where is the ultimate facepalm picture when you need it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We should tell the liberals that they need to offer themselves to be used as plugs to stop the flow and then stuff them into the well head until the flow stops or you run out of liberals.
    BRILLIANT!!:D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Why am I not surprised you have expertise in this subject as well (including a degree)

Where is the ultimate facepalm picture when you need it?
    I have spoken of my Geology Degree since I first joined this site. When I started college in 1978 geologists were a precious commodity in West Texas. I gave up a good job to enlist.

I'm scared of the carbon footprint we will create by trying to stop the leak.