Thread: Thieves Steal Mojave Desert Memorial Cross in Nighttime Heist

1. #1 Thieves Steal Mojave Desert Memorial Cross in Nighttime Heist 
    This didn't take long in the wake of the Surpreme Court ruling.

The 7-foot-tall metal cross that has stood in California's Mojave Desert for 75 years and withstood a hard-fought battle in the Supreme Court was ripped down and stolen Sunday night, according to park officials.

"This is an outrage, akin to desecrating people's graves," said Kelly Shackelford, president of the Liberty Institute, which represents the caretakers of the Mojave Desert War Memorial. "It's a disgraceful attack on the selfless sacrifice of our veterans. We will not rest until this memorial is re-installed."

The National Park Service says someone cut the metal bolts holding the metal-pipe cross to the top of Sunrise Rock and made off with it Sunday night or before dawn on Monday.

Veterans groups are outraged at the theft of the memorial symbol that was erected in 1934 by the Veterans of Foreign Wars to honor World War I dead.

"To think anyone can rationalize the desecration of a war memorial is sickening, and for them to believe they won't be apprehended is very nave," said VFW National Commander Thomas J. Tradewell Sr. in a written statement.

The whole story is here
    Last edited by bijou; 05-11-2010 at 03:20 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    typical...bet it was some shit head atheist lib that didn't agree with the ruling or a couple of dickhead kids from a college. hope they find them and throw them in the clink for trespassing, destruction of public property and the judge makes them go around and pick up trash for a year at the site as well as pay to have it fixed.

probably wont though

That thing must have been heavy, unless it's hollow.

Before the city of Grand Rapids exiled Michael Worneki (he called it exile-he offered to leave if the city would drop all the public nuisance charges against him-the city took his offer seriously), he used to carry a 6 foot wooden cross around the city on his back, while shouting that we were all going to hell because we belonged to established churches and God hates established churches. Or, that the Calder/sun symbol the city uses as an emblem for it's yearly arts festival is the label of Satan himself.

He used to let kids try to pick up the cross when he would put it down to get his shout-down going loudly. It was pretty freaking heavy, but it was made of solid wood.

I only made the connection recently between Worneki's distant past as GR's street preacher (1979-81 or so) and his recent past as the spiritual advisor to Andrea and Rusty Yates. He had several converts who worked at the IHOP I did during my junior year of high school. They all wore crosses made out of twisted nails, and most were former drug addicts. He seems to prey on the vulnerable-drug addicts, schizophrenics, etc.

Ah the tolerance of the left so aptly demonstrated once again.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

5. #5 Cross Stolen From Mojave Memorial 
    Looks like those open minded liberals are at it again:
    Thieves have stolen the eight-foot-tall metal cross from the Mojave National Preserve in the California desert, just two weeks after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled it could remain on the rocky mound.
    According to "The Washington Times," the thieves dug up the so-called Mojave Cross late Sunday night or early Monday morning.
    The cross was erected in 1934 to honor fallen soldiers from World War One.
    The Mojave Cross has been the flash point for court battles since 2001, when a lawsuit was filed by a former preserve official who had objections to the symbol.
    Some believe the high court's decision on April 28th prompted someone to steal the cross.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news/?nxd_id=160965
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy