Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Election 2012: Barack Obama 42%, Ron Paul 41% 
    Election 2012: Barack Obama 42%, Ron Paul 41%

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pit maverick Republican Congressman Ron Paul against President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election match-up, and the race is – virtually dead even.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of likely voters finds Obama with 42% support and Paul with 41% of the vote. Eleven percent (11%) prefer some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

Ask the Political Class, though, and it’s a blowout. While 58% of Mainstream voters favor Paul, 95% of the Political Class vote for Obama.

But Republican voters also have decidedly mixed feelings about Paul, who has been an outspoken critic of the party establishment.

Obama earns 79% support from Democrats, but Paul gets just 66% of GOP votes. Voters not affiliated with either major party give Paul a 47% to 28% edge over the president.

Paul, a anti-big government libertarian who engenders unusually strong feelings among his supporters, was an unsuccessful candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008. But he continues to have a solid following, especially in the growing Tea Party movement.
    :D

Rasmussen

But he continues to have a solid following, especially in the growing Tea Party movement.
    I wonder how many realize that it was in the aftermath of his failed campaign that actually began the Tea party stuff.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I wonder how many realize that it was in the aftermath of his failed campaign that actually began the Tea party stuff.

That's a good point.

All this polling 2 and half years before the election.... Lots of things can change between now and 2012, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's a good point.

All this polling 2 and half years before the election.... Lots of things can change between now and 2012, for better or worse.
    No doubt but it's a damning indictment of the Obama Administration that he's doing so badly, so early.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No doubt but it's a damning indictment of the Obama Administration that he's doing so badly, so early.

Absolutely. I think there was some belief that the recovery would start by priming the pump with the stimulus package and it hasn't materialized. Now he's going on damage control.
    The other problem with this poll is this is a direct indictment of the Republican party. Regardless who gets the nod in 12', whether it be Romney, Palin, or Paul, I think your going to see a split somewhere. Hussein Hopenchangin' is a one term president unless this happens
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    this Nov will be far more indicitive of his administartion than 2012. It's hard to keep people going for a few months let alone 2 1/2 years. If enough Conservatives get elected, I believe that we'll see more of them Run in 2012 than the likes of Romney and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Not to mention Paul's campaign spun off the C4L PAC, the successful Audit The Fed push, and Rand Paul's winning campaign, and Schiff's campaign which may or may not succeed.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Banned
    Joe the plumber would probably best Obama in a poll held today. So an O and Paul poll is meaningless as far as I am concerned. It just shows how much anti-sentiment there is against the Prez.

Let's concentrate on the 010 elections. In politics, many things can happen in 7 months much less in 2 1/2 years

Paul is a great guy with some excillent ideas - especially on financy and money. If he weren't complete rubish on national defense . . . . He'd be my choice candidate. In the mean time - I'd love to see 100 more of him in congress!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Paul is a great guy with some excillent ideas - especially on financy and money. If he weren't complete rubish on national defense . . . . He'd be my choice candidate. In the mean time - I'd love to see 100 more of him in congress!

I agree and I've said it before. We need more Paul's on the appropriations side of politics, not as POTUS.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense