1. #1 $kimmer : A quick word about expectations 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Skinner ADMIN (1000+ posts)
    Wed May-12-10 01:05 PM
    Original message
    A quick word about expectations.

Recently there seems to have been an uptick in complaints about the prevalence of other opinions here on Democratic Underground. This happens from time-to-time. I suspect that this time the catalyst was the nomination of Elena Kagan for the Supreme Court. This post is to remind you that if you want this place to only represent one viewpoint, you are never going to get your wish.

If you post something supportive of President Obama or the Democratic Party here on DU, some people are going to disagree with you.

If you post something critical of President Obama or the Democratic Party here on DU, some people are going to disagree with you.

This is as it should be. DU is a diverse community which includes a broad range of progressive opinion.

If you want to share an opinion without having someone disagree with you, then whatever you do, DON'T POST YOUR OPINION ON DEMOCRATIC UNDERGROUND. Because if you do, some people are going to disagree with you.

Thank you for listening.

Skinner
    DU Admin

PS: And while I have your attention, I would like to remind everyone to make an effort to be civil. We may disagree on a number of issues, but there is no need to be disagreeable when we disagree.
    DU is a diverse community with a broad range of progressive opinion....ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Skinner ADMIN (1000+ posts)
    Wed May-12-10 01:05 PM
    Original message
    A quick word about expectations.

If you post something supportive of President Obama or the Democratic Party here on DU, some people are going to disagree with you. (And then they will get banned and their posts deleted)

If you post something critical of President Obama or the Democratic Party here on DU, some people are going to disagree with you. (And then you will get banned and your posts deleted)
    There, all fixed. ;)

DU is an echo chamber that the hive mind uses to talk with itself. That there are slightly differing opinions indicates that the hive mind is schizophrenic.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    DU is an echo chamber that the hive mind uses to talk with itself. That there are slightly differing opinions indicates that the hive mind is schizophrenic.

Too true :D:D:D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

"This post is to remind you that if you want this place to only represent one viewpoint, you are never going to get your wish."
    LOL, that's funny!
    Of course the Hive only represents one viewpoint!

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    "This post is to remind you that if you want this place to only represent one viewpoint, you are never going to get your wish."
    LOL, that's funny!
    Of course the Hive only represents one viewpoint!
    " And BTW, keep sending me money or Glenn Beck will eat your kids and mother"
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    " And BTW, keep sending me money or Glenn Beck will eat your kids and mother"
    :eek:

:D

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    DU is a diverse community with a broad range of progressive opinion....ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Yes they are so diverse that they ban anybody who doesn't drink the kool-aide.
    An educated voter is a Liberals worst nightmare