1. #1 Republican in Virginia Primary Donated to Obama 
    Republican in Virginia Primary Donated to Obama
    by Michelle Oddis

05/12/2010

Scott Rigell, running as the favorite of the GOP establishment in the Republican primary in Virginia’s 2nd Congressional District, donated $1,000 to Barack Obama, according to opensecrets.com, a research group that tracks money in politics.

“Rigell was one of the highest Obama donors in the zip code,” Scott Taylor told HUMAN EVENTS. Taylor, a former Navy SEAL and local business owner, is also running in the Republican primary.

Taylor, whose campaign slogan is “Send a SEAL not a RINO,” said Rigell "didn’t even vote in the Republican primary, and then gave $1,000 to Barack Obama on March 10,” 2008.

“In November Republicans will aim at the Democrats, but for now their only expression is against the Republican establishment, and that’s who Rigell is,” said former Rep. Tom Davis (R.-Va.). “He gave money to Obama, he gave money to Mark Warner, and Louise Lucas, who is a Democrat state senator down there.”

On a local blog, Rigell responded by saying that, “The only alternative on the Democratic side was Senator Obama. Yes, I was moved by his rhetoric and by the prospect of seeing a minority rise to the highest office in our land. If we were to end up with a Democrat President I wanted that person to be Obama, not Clinton; I was not indifferent to the two possible outcomes.”

Rigell also supported the economic stimulus and through the Cash for Clunkers program received $444,500 from the U.S. taxpayers to benefit his automobile dealership. When asked about accepting the money, Rigell said, " I had no ethical problem whatsoever."
    Human Events

Tool.

Banned
    I love Taylor's campaign slogan "send a Seal not a RINO."

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Kick the POS out. GET HIM OUT in the primaries. This guy if he wins the primary DESERVES to have a tea party candidate run against him in the general.

Any Republican who was stupid enough to donate to the anti-American occupying the White House, CANNOT be allowed to represent the Republican party - we need to purge these Pieces of Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I love Taylor's campaign slogan "send a Seal not a RINO."
    I have to agree. :) Made me smile when I read it. :D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Scott Rigell, running as the favorite of the GOP establishment in the Republican primary in Virginia’s 2nd Congressional District, donated $1,000 to Barack Obama, according to opensecrets.com, a research group that tracks money in politics.
    Which goes to show exactly how fucking CLUELESS the establishment is. They need to be reminded that they're not the party - WE ARE.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Which goes to show exactly how fucking CLUELESS the establishment is. They need to be reminded that they're not the party - WE ARE.
    We can start by kicking the idiots they support to the curb and then kick THEM out. THEY are voted in also - I was a precinct delegate a few years back and all we need to do to take our party back is to show up at the Republican meetings and vote those people out.