Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Another Worst of Thursday Thread 
    A very warm day here in North Florida. Not rain expected but temps in the low 90s.

TOTD: What would you says is the worse movie(s) that you have ever paid to see? There was this horror flick in the 90's called 'Ghost in the Machine'. I can't believe that I actually set through this whole awful thing expecting it to get better. In a tie with 'Ghost in the Machine' is 'Hudson Hawk' with Bruce Willis and Andie McDowell. That was a waste of $7.00 and more importantly 2 hours that I can never get back.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    TOTD: What would you says is the worse movie(s) that you have ever paid to see? There was this horror flick in the 90's called 'Ghost in the Machine'. I can't believe that I actually set through this whole awful thing expecting it to get better. In a tie with 'Ghost in the Machine' is 'Hudson Hawk' with Bruce Willis and Andie McDowell. That was a waste of $7.00 and more importantly 2 hours that I can never get back.
    I think you mean to say "worst". "Hudson Hawk" is definitely on anyone's worst list. "Bonfire of the Vanities" was pretty awful. "There's Something About Mary" is in the category of "two hours I'll never get back".
    Brightening up, on edit: I didn't PAY to see any of them. I just had to click the "off" button.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

TOTD: Oh this is easy: The English Patient. I was never so board in my life. And what made it worse - she didn't even put out after I sat through that hell.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

It's chilly and foggy out here but things should warm up and dry out (kind of) through next week. Still not beach volleyball weather, though.

TOTD: Geez, where to begin? The Blair Witch Project, No Country for Old Men, Babylon A.D., Fear Dot Com, the list goes on and on. :eek:

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's chilly and foggy out here but things should warm up and dry out (kind of) through next week. Still not beach volleyball weather, though.

TOTD: Geez, where to begin? The Blair Witch Project, No Country for Old Men, Babylon A.D., Fear Dot Com, the list goes on and on. :eek:
    What? :eek:
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    What? :eek:
    I've seen all their movies and I just thought this was their worst one. It really lacked the black humor they are known for.

OH... I can't believe I forgot this one. I had a girl friend at the time that made me sit through it.... 'Tess'. When they stopped the film for an intermission I was certain that I was in hell and I'd have to watch this boring piece of garbage for eternity. The things we do for love.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Barack and Michelle go to Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    TOTD: Oh this is easy: The English Patient. I was never so board in my life. And what made it worse - she didn't even put out after I sat through that hell.
    Ain't that the truth. What a steaming pile of shit that movie was.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

This brings to mind the last movie I saw in the theater. I wanted to see Clash of the Titans, but it was my wife's friend's birthday. Her and her husband wanted to see The Bounty Hunter. I thought Gerard Butler might be able to cancel out the Jennifer Anniston factor. I was wrong.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad