Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Transgenders win discrimination tiff with American Eagle Outfitters 
    Transgenders win discrimination tiff with American Eagle Outfitters, AG Andrew Cuomo forces changes
    BY Erica Pearson
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 9:04 AM

American Eagle Outfitters store in Times Square. American Outfitters has agreed to re-write their policies to accomodate transgender employees. Take our PollAmerican Eagle transgender case
    Do you think employers should be able to ban men from dressing like ladies (and vice versa) at work?

Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has forced the flannel and khaki outpost to make some changes, including nixing a rule about employee "personal appearance" that banned men from wearing women's clothing and ladies from dressing as guys.

"This shows me that there's faith and hope. There might be a domino effect, that's what I'm hoping for," said Joi-elle White, 35, a transgender member of Make the Road New York.

The community group complained to Cuomo's office about what it called a pattern of discrimination against transgender job hunters. A probe confirmed the complaints, officials said.

The retailer - which employs more than 2,000 people in its 61 New York stores - signed a settlement deal promising to change its policies and employee handbook.

"To avoid further expense and the distraction of a prolonged argument, [we have] agreed to a compromise settlement in this case, with the understanding that AEO is not admitting to the findings," a company spokeswoman said.
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't care if trannies drive buses or make sushi for a living but as a woman, I no more want one in a dressing room with me than I would any other version of male.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/money/201...#ixzz0nozasJt3

American Eagle Outfitters, the store known for selling clothes to women that look like men's clothes, has a problem with cross dressing employees?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    American Eagle Outfitters, the store known for selling clothes to women that look like men's clothes, has a problem with cross dressing employees?
    Would it make a difference if the store was Chico's, Nordstrom's, or Forever 21?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Would it make a difference if the store was Chico's, Nordstrom's, or Forever 21?

It would be great for Forever 21 to hire trannies. No one else wants to buy that cheap, gaudy, fake-gold jewelry. The store I've seen doesn't sell anything that needs to be tried on first-it's all paste jewelry and accessories.

I really don't care if a trannie shares the dressing rooms or bathrooms with me. The last time I ever saw a store where they had a communal fitting room, without individual rooms or booths with doors, is a Marianne shop in the 70s. If a trannie wants to use a fitting room at Nordies when I'm using one, I'll only see him/her when I'm checking out how I look in the 3-way mirror in the hallway. Then I'm going to ask his/her opinion on how I look, like I would of anyone else standing there.

It would be great for Forever 21 to hire trannies. No one else wants to buy that cheap, gaudy, fake-gold jewelry. The store I've seen doesn't sell anything that needs to be tried on first-it's all paste jewelry and accessories.

I really don't care if a trannie shares the dressing rooms or bathrooms with me. The last time I ever saw a store where they had a communal fitting room, without individual rooms or booths with doors, is a Marianne shop in the 70s. If a trannie wants to use a fitting room at Nordies when I'm using one, I'll only see him/her when I'm checking out how I look in the 3-way mirror in the hallway. Then I'm going to ask his/her opinion on how I look, like I would of anyone else standing there.
    Not me. As far as I can see the entire 'gender confusion' issue is just one more way for genetic males to take something away from genetic females and trivialize it. It's no different from a wigger claiming and capitalizing on black American history and experiences.

Question: If a straight man dressed as a woman went into a woman's dressing room and was confronted, would he be arrested and branded a sexual predator? If so, why would it be fair for a he/she/it with a penis to do the same thing?
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Banned
    Clothes are not the problem; it's the freaks that wear them. As a customer I have the right to ask a manager to have a straight salesperson wait on me so that I do not throw up all over his merchandise. If that offends the misfits working in the store, tough shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Clothes are not the problem; it's the freaks that wear them. As a customer I have the right to ask a manager to have a straight salesperson wait on me so that I do not throw up all over his merchandise. If that offends the misfits working in the store, tough shit.

And the manager has the right to tell you to wait in line for the first available clerk. You don't have the right to have a straight salesperson wait on you, and if you do throw up on the merchandise after demanding a straight clerk, you will pay for that merchandise.

You are free to boycott any store that hires gays, though. All of them probably hire gays, even WalMart. But Cracker Barrel fires employees once they find out they're gay, so at least there's a restaurant you can rely on, for the most part. Except for the sneaky gays who blend in with the straights, they might be able to convince a manager at Cracker Barrel that they are straight enough to wait tables for minimum wage.

Banned
    And the manager has the right to tell you to wait in line for the first available clerk. You don't have the right to have a straight salesperson wait on you, and if you do throw up on the merchandise after demanding a straight clerk, you will pay for that merchandise.
    Yes, I do. And the manager of said store has the right to hire whoever the fuck he wants. When I have owned my business I can tell you that I would not hire any transgendered person and the reason would entirely be because they were transgendered. Hell I would not hire a gay person if they were too obviously gay.

There are norms and people who fall out of those norms are ABNORMAL! If you are too fucking gay to live among a world of straight people then the problem is YOU, not the millions of straight people.

Banned
    [QUOTE=noonwitch;269436]And the manager has the right to tell you to wait in line for the first available clerk. You don't have the right to have a straight salesperson wait on you, and if you do throw up on the merchandise after demanding a straight clerk, you will pay for that merchandise.

QUOTE]

You are out of your mind. As a customor, I have a right to ask for straight salespersen. I have done it; so you do not know what the fuck you are talking about. I am not going let some sissy wait on me. If I did throw up in a store, I would like to see them try to make me pay for it. Oh, I forgot, you live in Detroit with all the degenerates. So, that would be the norm.