Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    * The total gross state product in 2005 for Louisiana was US168 billion, placing it 24th in the nation. Its per capita personal income is US$30,952, ranking 41st in the United States.

:p
    The cost of living in Louisiana is far,far, far, far less in Louisiana than in CA. Property tax on a $200,000 home is $300 per year. My utility bill runs around $80 per month. The new Governor has reduced state income taxes, and several large industries are in the process of moving here. My house has appreciated more than 50% in the last 3 years. The state of Louisiana has a huge budget surplus because of the oil and chemical industries. BTW, it is more cost effective (tax exemptions) to make movies in Louisiana than in the kool-aid state.

Now, tell me all the good news out in CA or is it Hasta La Vista Baby

Has little to do with the cost of living - has a bit more to do with productivity, I would think. :p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Has little to do with the cost of living - has a bit more to do with productivity, I would think. :p
    When I can buy a beautiful 1,800 sq ft new home for around $200k and it cost twice or three times more than that amount in CA, it's the cost of living stupid rather than productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    When I can buy a beautiful 1,800 sq ft new home for around $200k and it cost twice or three times more than that amount in CA, it's the cost of living stupid rather than productivity.
    Sure...but don't forget all those consumer goodies you have that allow you to enjoy your cost of living are made where? Probably in California.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

You can build a God-damned Taj Mahal in Louisiana, but itís still in a bug infested swamp that gets smacked by hurricanes.:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    You can build a God-damned Taj Mahal in Louisiana, but itís still in a bug infested swamp that gets smacked by hurricanes.:p
    I know, right. California only gets earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

You've been watching too much TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I know, right. California only gets earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides.

So What?

Banned
    I have lived thru many hurricanes and the only damage was a broken window. The closest swamp is 40 miles from me so you are just showing your ignorance.

Between all the illegals, the fags and freaks, crime, liberal and env. kooks, high taxes, fires, mudslides, earthquakes, etc. I would not live in that shit-hole state called CA.

Hasta La Vista Baby

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Sure...but don't forget all those consumer goodies you have that allow you to enjoy your cost of living are made where? Probably in California.
    You mean Consumer goodies like tainted veggies and ground beef. If you are speaking of food, our strawberries and tomatoes are far superior to anything coming out of CA.