Thread: Kwame goes to jail!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Kwame goes to jail!!!! 
    noonwitch
    It seems that the Detroit mayor took a "business trip" across the river to Windsor yesterday without asking the judge permission, first. He was taken into custody in the courtroom.

This just gets more and more fun as it progresses.

www.freep.com

I thought about you the minute I heard this.

Unfortunately his mom won the nomination again, right?

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I thought about you the minute I heard this.

Unfortunately his mom won the nomination again, right?

Yeah, but it was closer than any previous primaries she faced. She had 39% of the vote, and the next person had 36%.

The district includes some non-democrat areas, like the Grosse Points. The GOP should try a little harder to defeat her-if they ran a moderate african-american against her, it could possibly happen. Especially if that candidate was either a minister or a teacher-voters like that in Detroit.

I tell ya, if he doesn't resign now . . Granholm had better step in and do it for him.

This state, under Democrat leadership, is a disgrace . . WE NEED TO BE SAVED!!!

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Mom View Post
    I tell ya, if he doesn't resign now . . Granholm had better step in and do it for him.

This state, under Democrat leadership, is a disgrace . . WE NEED TO BE SAVED!!!

If the GOP wants to recapture the governor's office in 2010, they need to consider running someone who is not a religious conservative from West Michigan. Oakland County Republicans are more moderate than those in other parts of the state. Gorcyca (Oakland County Prosecutor) might be a good candidate-watch for the dems to run Dennis Archer, who was a good mayor of Detroit from 1993 to 2001. And, depending on the outcome of this case and the November Presidential election, look for Kym Worthy to run for AG on the dem ticket. Archer could get a pick for a federal judgeship or something under a President Obama, although he was more of a Clinton ally. He was once chief justice of the Michigan Supreme Court, and people outside the city like him. Most of the downtown development that Kwame takes credit for was actually done on Archer's watch, and some of it even goes back to Big Daddy (Coleman Young).

Engler won so big in 94 and 98 because despite his conservatism, he was not seen as a religious conservative. He also was from Mt. Pleasant, not Dutch country.

It's was too bad that Archer was limited by the city council . . which I think does far more damage to the city than the Mayor. Archer was good, but the council didn't like him because he wasn't "black" enough . . he wasn't down for the struggle, so to speak. And he put too much emphasis on the downtown, and seemed to forget the people and neighborhoods. That didn't go over well. Along comes Kwame . .

Last governor election, DeVos was the better candidate, but lacked personality. If he would have been able to make a better connection with the people, he would have won. He is just what this state needs - a good business mind. I would like to see him run again. I understand that he's considering it.

Detroit is in ruins . . literally. Nothing short of a completely revolutionary change is going to help.

That criminal has had it coming for years!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

He is unbelievably corrupt, but then again, so is that entire city. Ditto Cleveland. The feds just raided their offices last week. And the fellow former black mayor of Newark NJ just got sent up the river last week for corruption.

I would like to see the statistic of what percentage of elected black officials end up investigated/in prison relative to white elected officials. I bet it is skewed.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Engler won so big in 94 and 98 because despite his conservatism, he was not seen as a religious conservative. He also was from Mt. Pleasant, not Dutch country.
    Hey now, I resemble that remark

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Hey now, I resemble that remark

People around Detroit don't trust people from Grand Rapids. This includes Oakland county GOP voters, who do occasionally vote for democrats, if they don't like the GOP nominee. That is why Levin remains a Senator who really never has to worry about losing a re-election. They liked Engler, and didn't like Posthumous or DeVos, because they were religious conservatives from Grand Rapids.
    Not only was DeVos dutch and christian reformed, he also owns Amway (or whatever it is currently called), and that company is viewed with much suspicion on this side of the state. They are non-union and considered a pyramid scheme.