Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

Benny Hinn. No lower form of life on Earth.
    Yes...He is a freak. Another man who bastardizes a faith.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Benny's aircraft. When Benny heard that 'the meek shall inheret the Earth he said, "SCREW THAT!"
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Here's the idiot in action
    There's nothing in scripture (I'm aware of) that says a man will have this type of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 08-07-2008 at 12:46 PM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    I "wikipedia'ed" Benny Hinn and it said he was a follower of Kathryn Kuhlman's. That's going back a ways, but what a freakshow she was. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I "wikipedia'ed" Benny Hinn and it said he was a follower of Kathryn Kuhlman's. That's going back a ways, but what a freakshow she was. :eek:
    My grandmother never failed to watch Kuhlman's show but she always watching it for free. She liked Kuhlman but not enough to send her $5 bucks. ;)

Power CUer
    I was raised in very mainstream Protestantism, among people with no tolerance for these theatrics. I remember my mother's mother as a very serious, sedate woman. My mother said that when she was a child, in the 1920s, grandmother was invited to a tent revival by a neighbor, and went, to be polite. It was all fire and brimstone and people writhing and yodeling (excuse me, speaking in "tongues"). Mother said they had to leave hurriedly because my grandmother was so convulsed in laughter. She managed to hold a handkerchief over her mouth as they exited, so people would think she was overcome with emotion, instead of derision!

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I was raised in very mainstream Protestantism, among people with no tolerance for these theatrics. I remember my mother's mother as a very serious, sedate woman. My mother said that when she was a child, in the 1920s, grandmother was invited to a tent revival by a neighbor, and went, to be polite. It was all fire and brimstone and people writhing and yodeling (excuse me, speaking in "tongues"). Mother said they had to leave hurriedly because my grandmother was so convulsed in laughter. She managed to hold a handkerchief over her mouth as they exited, so people would think she was overcome with emotion, instead of derision!
    Same here, I was raised Frewill Baptist. My Grandaddy was a hell, fire, and brimstone preacher, but I've never seen anyone speak in tongues at the church. It's just an old country church with about 40 people there on a good Sunday. Nothing fancy, some people wear jeans, only a couple wear suits. He passed away in 1993, it still seems wierd for me to see someone else behind that pulpit.

I'm skeptical of most preachers in general, because I knew what kind of man my Grandaddy was Monday through Saturday. He got paid $50 a week from the church and put it right back in the collection plate. To me that is what a preacher is suppose to be like.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

noonwitch
    Pat Robertson gets on my nerves, but I wouldn't call him sleazy. I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to keep the money straight in his organization.

Benny Hinn is sleazy, so is Jack Van Impe (although he has the added fun benefit fo being deranged).

No one currently is as good at the sleaze as Jim Bakker was in the heydays of PTL. After I watched the show a couple of times, I found it hard to believe that so many people sent him money-he was so obviously a fraud. When the wife gives the minister a pair of giraffes for his birthday, well, you just know that money isn't going to teach little children in Africa about Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Benny Hinn is sleazy, so is Jack Van Impe (although he has the added fun benefit fo being deranged).

I don't know, Rexella sure puts lead in my pencil.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned - Not really Theo
    Male - Joel Osteen

Female - Joyce Meyer

Both are prophets of profit.