Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 North Korea Threatens War 
    North Korea faces anger over sinking of South's warship

Page last updated at 13:05 GMT, Thursday, 20 May 2010 14:05 UK

North Korea is facing international condemnation after investigators blamed it for the sinking of a South Korean warship in March.

Pyongyang rejected the claim as a "fabrication" and threatened war if sanctions were imposed.

The international report found a North Korean submarine's torpedo sank the South Korean navy ship, causing the deaths of 46 sailors.

China urged restraint and did not criticise the North.

The US administration described the sinking as an "act of aggression" that challenged peace.

Britain, Australia and Japan also expressed anger at North Korea. South Korean President Lee Myung-bak pledged to take "stern action". UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said the report was "deeply troubling".

Britain's Foreign Secretary William Hague said North Korea's actions would deepen the international community's mistrust.

'UN resolution'

The investigation team, which included experts from America, Australia, Britain and Sweden, said it had discovered part of the torpedo on the sea floor and it carried lettering that matched a North Korean design.

Pyongyang said it would send its own inspection team to the South, to "verify material evidence" behind the accusation.

A North Korean defence spokesman said the country would "respond to reckless counter-measure with an all-out war of justice", the state KCNA news agency reported.

BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    North Korea faces anger over sinking of South's warship

Page last updated at 13:05 GMT, Thursday, 20 May 2010 14:05 UK

North Korea is facing international condemnation after investigators blamed it for the sinking of a South Korean warship in March.

Pyongyang rejected the claim as a "fabrication" and threatened war if sanctions were imposed.

The international report found a North Korean submarine's torpedo sank the South Korean navy ship, causing the deaths of 46 sailors.

China urged restraint and did not criticise the North.

The US administration described the sinking as an "act of aggression" that challenged peace.

Britain, Australia and Japan also expressed anger at North Korea. South Korean President Lee Myung-bak pledged to take "stern action". UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said the report was "deeply troubling".

Britain's Foreign Secretary William Hague said North Korea's actions would deepen the international community's mistrust.

'UN resolution'

The investigation team, which included experts from America, Australia, Britain and Sweden, said it had discovered part of the torpedo on the sea floor and it carried lettering that matched a North Korean design.

Pyongyang said it would send its own inspection team to the South, to "verify material evidence" behind the accusation.

A North Korean defence spokesman said the country would "respond to reckless counter-measure with an all-out war of justice", the state KCNA news agency reported.

BBC
    North Korea seems to be a hell hole, so they really have nothing to lose by initiating a major conflict. It would reduce the number of staving people in North Korea and ease the resource demand.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 05-20-2010 at 02:10 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Barry's reaction here should be a classic of appeasement.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    wouldn't surprise me...though they would run out of fuel pretty quick...unless they bought a ton from China

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Barry's reaction here should be a classic of appeasement.
    I for one really would not begrudge him for it. Airmchair general it all you want, I spent 4 years practicing to go to war with N. Korea when I was stationed in Japan, and it's something I never want to do again.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    North Korea Threatens War

Is it Thursday again already?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I for one really would not begrudge him for it. Airmchair general it all you want, I spent 4 years practicing to go to war with N. Korea when I was stationed in Japan, and it's something I never want to do again.
    Personally - I'd much rather see the CIA send someone in to take out Kim Jong nutjobber.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Personally - I'd much rather see the CIA send someone in to take out Kim Jong nutjobber.
    Perhaps someone short and annoying that could befriend Kim and then stab him when he least expects it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Perhaps someone short and annoying that could befriend Kim and then stab him when he least expects it!
    I vote poli-poop! She would be perfect! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I think we should make fun of him for having a girl's name.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis