1. #1 San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel 
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...est=latestnews

Arizona tourists are biting back against San Diego for its city council's decision to boycott the Grand Canyon State over its immigration law signed by Gov. Jan Brewer last month.

Would-be tourists have notified the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau and some hotels that they are canceling their scheduled travel to the coastal vacation destination, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

According to the newspaper, the convention bureau has received about 25-30 emails from Arizona residents, with some saying they are canceling their reservations and taking their money elsewhere.

That has tourism officials urging Arizonans to consider the resolutions as merely symbolic and local politics at work.

"We're in a very tough environment already because of everything else going on, and we don't need another negative impact to our industry," ConVis President Joe Terzi told the Union-Tribune. "This affects
    An educated voter is a Liberals worst nightmare

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    lol...nice...shows that boycotts are two way streets, glad to see Arizonian's biting back

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Actually, I don't see this boycott of San Diego lasting. It's over 100 degrees all summer in Phoenix. The only relief they get is driving due west on Interestate 8 to San Diego and the ocean. I can't imagine Arizonans choosing to roast in hell with no respite even to support a law.

I can see Arizonans doing exactly that, or going somewhere else. I've been in Phoenix in July when they were doing road construction. It was 115 degrees on a bank thermometer, and the people were right out there in it, working on the highway.

Other construction was in progress. Nothing any different than any other town. I've also been there in November when it was 70 and native Arizonans were complaining about the cold.

Arizona is not going to knuckle under to outsiders telling them how to run their state. The state of Arizona hasn't suggested boycotting anyone, so far as I know. These are people taking it upon themselves to support their home. I applaud them for it.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Sonnabend
    Actually, I don't see this boycott of San Diego lasting. It's over 100 degrees all summer in Phoenix. The only relief they get is driving due west on Interestate 8 to San Diego and the ocean. I can't imagine Arizonans choosing to roast in hell with no respite even to support a la
    Elspeth, gentle lady...they can go to other states.

BTW...good to see you :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post

Or to other cities in California.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Arizona is not going to knuckle under to outsiders telling them how to run their state.
    This reminds me of the MLK controversy. This was when MLK day wasn't a national holiday and states were individually passing it as a state holiday and it was up for a vote in Arizona. The vote was going to pass when the NFL made the comment that if AZ didn't pass MLK Day he was going to pull the Super Bowl from the state. The ballot initiative failed for that reason. Arizona wasn't going to be forced into anything. They eventually passed it but did so on their own accord.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post

Good to see you too. :)

San Diego is the easiest route to the ocean. It's a straight shot down the 8 Freeway. It takes longer to drive to Orange County (1-2 hours), Los Angeles (2-4 hrs, depending on traffic) and LA has dissed AZ anyway, I guess Arizonans could drive the extra hour or so to Orange County beaches, but the young folks like Pacific Beach (in SD) where all the bars are. I live in SD and the place is crawling with AZ license plates in the summer. I don't know where else they'd drive to. Nevada is north and New Mexico is east. South, of course, is the border.