Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Junebug68 Is Hiding! 
    I just spent a good half-hour hiding in the bathroom with my dogs because there was a terrible terrible thunderstorm here, and we have a tornado watch too. EEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!! Any thoughts for me or anyone want to make fun of me for hiding? :D
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

I am guessing you are near D.C.? I have been watching the alerts and it looks scary.

We have had some terrible weather this spring - don't be embarrassed for caution. Glad you took the dogs too!

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I am guessing you are near D.C.? I have been watching the alerts and it looks scary.

We have had some terrible weather this spring - don't be embarrassed for caution. Glad you took the dogs too!
    Thanks :) Yeah I am near DC and Baltimore. The dogs always come first :D

I have two cats and one is so terrified of storms that he goes into hiding before I do. I always worry because I can't even find him to get in the closet with me.:o

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I have two cats and one is so terrified of storms that he goes into hiding before I do. I always worry because I can't even find him to get in the closet with me.:o
    One of my dogs is like that. She gets so scared of loud noises that I have to give her Xanax :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    I just spent a good half-hour hiding in the bathroom with my dogs because there was a terrible terrible thunderstorm here, and we have a tornado watch too. EEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!! Any thoughts for me or anyone want to make fun of me for hiding? :D
    Well, it beats hiding from the Mafia, and the DA's office, and the FBI, and the ex-wife, and wife number 2.

One of my dogs is like that. She gets so scared of loud noises that I have to give her Xanax :eek:
    Really, you give her Xanies? Hmmm...perhaps our Sandy Jean...naw....nevermind...

Yeah, we had some fun with bad weather back in '04 during the 3-hurricane onslaught...that was not fun...and scary as hell, especially Charlie...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Really, you give her Xanies? Hmmm...perhaps our Sandy Jean...naw....nevermind...

Yeah, we had some fun with bad weather back in '04 during the 3-hurricane onslaught...that was not fun...and scary as hell, especially Charlie...
    Lol yeah I give her Xanies, but they barely help. I should try Benadryl.

Thanks :) Yeah I am near DC and Baltimore. The dogs always come first :D
    You're a good person. We have the 3 greyhounds and the only relatively safe upstairs is the hall bath. It's not very big though for 2 of us and 3 greys.

We need to practice with the hounds again on going down the steps to the basement. Greyhounds aren't that greyt on steps and my Blue dawg, the epileptic one, has shaky back legs from all the anti-seizure meds he takes.

You're being very practical. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You're a good person. We have the 3 greyhounds and the only relatively safe upstairs is the hall bath. It's not very big though for 2 of us and 3 greys.

We need to practice with the hounds again on going down the steps to the basement. Greyhounds aren't that greyt on steps and my Blue dawg, the epileptic one, has shaky back legs from all the anti-seizure meds he takes.

You're being very practical. Stay safe.
    Thanks :) We've made it through the night safely so far, knock on wood. I've heard greyhounds are wonderful wonderful dogs and I think it's great that you have 3. I'm sorry Blue Dawg is sick :(