Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 L.A. City Council To Force Home Depot-Type Stores To Provide For Illegal Workers. 
    Ordinance would require shelters for day laborers
    Daily News Wire Service
    Article Last Updated: 08/05/2008 11:50:59 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES -- Companies that open large home-improvement stores in Los Angeles would have to set aside space for day laborers under an ordinance unanimously approved today by a City Council committee.
    The proposed ordinance was passed by the Planning and Land Use Management Committee, but must still be approved by the full council.

If passed, the ordinance would require new home improvement stores that are 100,000 square feet or larger, or any building or structure where 250,000 square feet or more of warehouse floor area is added, to set aside space for day laborers seeking employment from customers.

The shelters would have to be easily accessible and equipped with drinking water, bathrooms, tables with seating and trash facilities.

Home-improvement stores would also be required to develop a security plan in consultation with the Los Angeles Police Department.
    It's pretty unlikely that legal workers would resort to random day labor. Most of those people prefer to work through agencies that provide transportation and job scheduling so these are illegal workers. Essentially, the city is saying that stores must facilitate what amounts to an illegal act by harboring illegal aliens and supplying them with potential employers. This is insane.

Daily News

Of course it’s nuts - but if you don’t, the illegals congregate there anyway, urinating on the sidewalk as kids walk to school. By not enforcing the laws that are already on the books you end up with stupid compromises like this and American law enforcement agents detained, in Arizona, by the Mexican military.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Home Depot is the illigal alien smorgasboard. its their disney world. They all show up their every morning like cattle going to the barn to feed on the hay.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Banned - Not really Theo
    Just doing jobs Americans won't. You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    Just doing jobs Americans won't. You get what you pay for.
    True. We are the fattest, laziest, and overpaid society on the planet.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

It’s like feeding the pigeons - they just come back the next day. Pay a decent rate - you’ll get an American. I do. And all of my employees are American citizens. It’s not that hard. If you’re a thief at heart, you’ll always try to cheat the system, because you know the honest business owners will pick up your tab.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned - Not really Theo
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    It’s like feeding the pigeons - they just come back the next day. Pay a decent rate - you’ll get an American. I do. And all of my employees are American citizens. It’s not that hard. If you’re a thief at heart, you’ll always try to cheat the system, because you know the honest business owners will pick up your tab.
    My Dad hired some of these knuckleheads to do a job for him in Dallas and it was some of the crapiest workmanship I'd ever seen. I pointed out all the flaws and when it started to fall apart six months later his recourse was.....nothing.

Sadly under either candidate nothing on the border is going to change. :mad:

This has to be a regional thing. Mr. Snaps goes to hardware stores more often than hookers go to night court. I've been in and out of many of them, often. There are no flocks of illegal aliens loitering around these stores out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This has to be a regional thing. Mr. Snaps goes to hardware stores more often than hookers go to night court. I've been in and out of many of them, often. There are no flocks of illegal aliens loitering around these stores out here.
    It's very common in Southern California.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    It's very common in Southern California.
    I believe it. I expect most of those people have money and a low skill set.