1. #1 Example of why residents of du lost their minds on on the illegal immigration issue 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x8361823

I had said earlier that many libs had manuevered themselves into a corner where the only position they can now defend on solving the illegal immigration problem, is to fully open the borders. This post proves that. They find themselves there because their touch-feely, "I'm more tolerant than you" attitude forced them to paint the Arizona law as nothing but pure racism. Even though it is nothing of the sort.

Because they had to march in lockstep and attack what was actually a reasonable response by Arizona to its growing frustration with the current situation, any support or defense of other future rational solutions would reek of hypocricsy.

That solution is based on a false view of the problem. It is not about "illegal immigration" - no one is worried about or harassing the many Eastern European workers we see in the food industry. Citizens and legal residents who are brown are under unbelievable pressure and subject to being seriously impacted by illegal arrests and detention.

It is racism, nothing more and nothing less...
    Could we, as Democrats and liberals and progressives, at the very least stop lying about this and denying the reality and stop fooling ourselves and others about it? You cannot possibly "solve" a "problem" when you are not being honest about it. The problem is that the country has gone into a crazed and viciously racist state of panic and hysteria, of bigotry and hatred.
    That's the hyberbole and exaggeration and outright misrepresentation that they chose to use to attack the law with. There are maybe one or two legitimate and thoughtful responses, the rest are all "open the border and everything will be fine". Which is the most assinine and foolish of all possible options, with reasons that are so self apparent, I don't even feel the need to list them.
    Last edited by Lager; 05-18-2010 at 07:02 PM.

SargeUNN (668 posts) Tue May-18-10 08:54 PM
    Response to Original message21. What are the problems? How many really know what is involved in this issue? I hear the talk here in Arizona about it, I have talked with experts on it and strangely enough, what I hear them say just never seems to get into any discussion very much. How do you solve problems when you don't understand them or don't try to. Yeah there is a moral part of this but just moral alone doesn't solve it. How many really know who these people are, what is being done, and do people understand to lump all in a single group is just what Arpaio, Pearce, and the others are doing? I think it is time we look at it more indepth and maybe we can understand it and resolve it instead of dividing our people.
    One reasonable response, lost in a deluge of foolishness. But this one has a low post count. He hasn't been fully assimilated yet.

Has racism become the new Godwin? It seems like any opposition to any lefty cause or politician is immediately labeled as racist. I thought since Obama got elected we where suppose to be in a post-racial era.

no one is worried about or harassing the many Eastern European workers we see in the food industry.
    Their food industry must really differ from ours. Nothing behind the counter at ou restaraunts even whisper European.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

DU and the Moonbat community can not ( once again) wrap their heads around around this situation.

When Pres.Clinton got in trouble, the American people were angry that he broke the law by lying under oath in court, But all the Left could do was repeat over and over again was " IT was about sex !" because in their narrow view of reality, no Democrat could do wrong.

Illegal Immigration is much the same thing, they can't get their heads around it, so they scream racism because that's far as their limited thinking can take them.

Business people want cheap labor ( a step above slavery), Democrats want cheap/illegal votes, churches and unions want new members to strenghten themselves; and America is being harmed because all these people can't see beyond the tip of their nose so don't care, or maybe even want see things go down in flames.

When the Stupid, the Hateful and the Crazy join forces things are going to get rough; so make sure your knee pads are in place.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

That's the problem with the posters there, they just can't think outside of the box. There are good, humanitarian and life-affirming reasons to support the enforcement of immigration policies. Most of the people coming to this country illegally are coming here to be exploited, one way or another. The people who are operating smuggling rings are scum. Strict border enforcement could save lives, and prevent the mistreatment of women and young girls who are smuggled into the US for prostitution. The smuggling operations stack people into trucks and lock them in like the Nazis did to people in boxcars. Sometimes, they leave the locked truck full of people in the middle of the desert and someone finds the truck full of dead bodies a few days later. This is what not enforcing immigration policies leads to, not to racism. It's racism when cynical operators consider human beings of hispanic heritage to be disposable in such a manner.

That's an excellent point. They've totally ignored the logical, obvious necessity for some kind of control of immigration because they were excited to exploit such an open and easy opportunity to paint some group as racist -- which seems to be one of their favorite activities and pastimes.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    no one is worried about or harassing the many Eastern European workers we see in the food industry.
    That's because they have to cross an ocean to get here, and far more of the European immigrants apply LEGALLY to become citizens.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender