Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Transgender GOP candidate takes aim at Wasserman Schultz 
    Transgender GOP candidate takes aim at Wasserman Schultz

By Steve Rothaus
    The Miami Herald

MIAMI — Donna Milo — a Cuban-American, conservative Republican, transgender woman running for Congress — says she doesn't like labels.

"I'm an American. I make my way on the basis of ability. My triumphs are based on my abilities, not on a label or a crutch," said Milo, a Miami Planning Advisory Board member running to replace U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Weston, one of the House's most liberal Democrats.

Milo, 48, will speak Monday night at Fort Lauderdale City Hall, a guest at the monthly meeting of the Sunshine Republicans club, a conservative group of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender South Floridians.

"Donna is a very unique individual," Sunshine Republicans President Benjamin Lewis said. "She brings a story with her candidacy. The story is of overcoming obstacles and desires to become the person she has wanted to be."

Milo — formerly named Ed — was born in Cuba, the youngest of nine children. The Milo family immigrated to Miami in 1964 and moved to Fort Lauderdale four years later. Prior to graduation from Stranahan High School, Ed Milo quit school.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/1...#ixzz0oDs8n4wk
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Now that's inclusive. :D

This could be a very interesting election, since Democrats always deny the ethnic/gender identities of their opponents (can't have Republicans picking off the ethnic/gender grievance vote, now can we?). One of the most telling quotes from a liberal bumper sticker was in regards to Sarah Palin, "She's not a woman, she's a Republican." Wait for the next bumper sticker to read, "She's not a transgendered woman of color, she's a Republican." :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Hey it's Miami. What can I say?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I was thinking about volunteering for her campaign. . .she'll have a tough row to hoe outside the 305, because Broward is as blue as they come in FL, and the LBGT community can't comprehend one of their own leaving the plantation. If I didn't have schoolwork due, I'd go see her talk, but I'll ask around as to how it went. And it makes sense that she's GOP. . .two words : Cuban-American. People don't know about how badly Castro's Cuba treated it's gays and lesbians.

And she's actually pretty attractive...

~QC
    Last edited by CueSi; 05-17-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I was thinking about volunteering for her campaign. . .she'll have a tough row to hoe outside the 305, because Broward is as blue as they come in FL, and the LBGT community can't comprehend one of their own leaving the plantation. If I didn't have schoolwork due, I'd go see her talk, but I'll ask around as to how it went. And it makes sense that she's GOP. . .two words : Cuban-American. People don't know about how badly Castro's Cuba treated it's gays and lesbians.

~QC

I was going to make a snarky comment, but you're right, she is attractive, especially compared to so many Democratic women.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Conservatives - - even if they were born men, we still make better looking women.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

~QC
    You should help with the campaign; be a champion for the future.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Conservatives - - even if they were born men, we still make better looking women.

~QC
    You may have just hit on the campaign slogan:

Donna Milo: Born a man, but all woman! :D
    --Odysseus

It reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Lisa happened upon a meeting of gay Republicans and they had a sign that said something like "A Gay President in 2084". When Lisa questioned why so far in the future, they said, "Meh. We're realistic."
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

~QC

I know how badly Castro treated gays and lesbians, and just about everyone else who disagrees with him.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I know how badly Castro treated gays and lesbians, and just about everyone else who disagrees with him.
    You know, and I know, and people on this board know...but there are people right here in Miami who don't know. I have wanted to slap them.

~QC