Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Both Blanche Lincoln and Bill Halter Face will see a Face Off In Arkansas. neither picked up enough votes, so this will split the vote enough to help our side gain ground as those two fight it out more.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Too bad Rohrer didn't win. But at least Specter is gone. :) I don't think the Democrats will have much of a chance against Mr. Super Lib Sestak.
    They kept a democrat in Murtha's old seat though.
    True, but he also ran on a conservative platform (pro-life, anti-obama care). There was no way in hell that a full fledged liberal would win that seat.

Suck it Arlen. Suck it hard.

Arlen Specter is definitely my favorite (living) politician. I'll miss him. He's an absolutely unassailable example that Republican voters are just as much, if not more, to blame than Democrat voters for the situation our country is in.

This guy sat as a Republican for almost half a century, and despite "conservatives" from all over the country decrying him as a "RINO" (), he just kept going back to Congress. He could have been voted out at any time, but we chose party over principals election after election after election.

Not one of his positions did he change in 2009, just a little letter in between his last name and state, so now we're going to vote against him. It was funny hearing people cheering as he left the Republican party like that would change the way he voted, or he was drummed out by conservative Pennsylvanian voters demanding it.

Farewell, Mr. Specter. You taught me sooooooo much.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Arlen Specter is definitely my favorite (living) politician. I'll miss him. He's an absolutely unassailable example that Republican voters are just as much, if not more, to blame than Democrat voters for the situation our country is in.

This guy sat as a Republican for almost half a century, and despite "conservatives" from all over the country decrying him as a "RINO" (), he just kept going back to Congress. He could have been voted out at any time, but we chose party over principals election after election after election.

Not one of his positions did he change in 2009, just a little letter in between his last name and state, so now we're going to vote against him. It was funny hearing people cheering as he left the Republican party like that would change the way he voted, or he was drummed out by conservative Pennsylvanian voters demanding it.

He is a caricature of the perfectly corrupt self serving politician!

How true!

There ain't a one of them that won't say what we want to hear when we want to hear it, thats politics. We need more civilians in there 2 terms or so and out and they get to live under thier idiocy!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He is a caricature of the perfectly corrupt self serving politician!
    Arlen Specter sat in Congress for 40+ years as a Republican in the same state the Declaration of Independence was signed in. And people think we're going to vote our way out of this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45
    There ain't a one of them that won't say what we want to hear when we want to hear it, thats politics.
    I just hope (against hope) that if the Republicans take back Congress in November, that the voters of this country will hold them to a standard - any standard. In other words, the polar opposite of what they did after 1994.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Gooooodbye Specter. I just wish I could've helped to vote him out. Now if we could just get Rendell out of office.

Arlen Specter sat in Congress for 40+ years as a Republican in the same state the Declaration of Independence was signed in.
    no try 30 exactly. He was first elected in 1980. Some of us were bullshitted by him - some of us knew he was rubbish - but when you have a choice between Arlen Specturd and Joe Hoeffel - you bite your tongue and vote in the guy who is least objectionable. We tried in 2004 to kick his ass out in the primary - and we damn near succeeded. If the party elites were not such idiots - we'd've had a decent republican senator for the last 6 years instead of Specturd.

And people think we're going to vote our way out of this mess.
    WTF do you want? armed revolution?

I just hope (against hope) that if the Republicans take back Congress in November, that the voters of this country will hold them to a standard - any standard. In other words, the polar opposite of what they did after 1994.
    People are fed up with the corruption and the status quo.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Gooooodbye Specter. I just wish I could've helped to vote him out. Now if we could just get Rendell out of office.
    Rendell is almost done he's fast coming to the end of his last term.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.